Reminder Secure

Merged : Old Profiles

This thread is being watched by 1 person
02 November 2011 03:30
donmack
Photographer

[ Formerly : Cleaning up the database ]

Wondered if the mods can get round to removing all the old profiles for models and photographers that have not logged in for, say the last 12 months.  Looks great when you do a search, and helps stats for the site, but is really unhelpful and indeed makes the site look tired.  Possibly have a tab for active models and historic ones?  Thoughts?

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2011 03:39
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

The line is "It's a portfolio hosting site" once set up there is no need to ever log on again.

I don't moan it's still a great place to be.

Gerry is off-line
02 November 2011 03:42
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Subject done to death and one of my most worked with models was innactive for a long time to do her studies and is now back.

Purestorm has said in the past that its primary function is a portfolio hosting site and therefore it does not matter. how frequently people log on.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2011 03:51
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

That's why there are search criteria to organise by login date, update date etc.

Ted Bancroft is off-linePlatinum Member
02 November 2011 03:53
TeddyB
Photographer
TeddyB
West Sussex
Haywards Heath

Yes, subject done to death already.

The Mods arn't gonna clean up the unused, unlogged onto profile's. They've stated this quite a few times, but hey, let's start a new thread on the subject, maybe they'll change their minds?.

And of course, 11k of profiles looks great on the stats and search engines........even though only about 3k are even active/still around/would reply back/even give a damn!

Ted
You know what's there. Waiting. Beyond that beach. Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

02 November 2011 06:45
DerwentPromotions
Agency

Yes, we've all asked for this before but for reasons unexplained all we are told is "It's a portfolio holding site". The fact that the profiles ask for types of work you are looking for seems to then be pointless. I think the fact that we have a 11K profiles is the kudos for the site owners. If we cleared out all the dead profiles of folk even not logged in for a year, we would lose a large percentage. If we got it down to 3 months then it may be just a couple of thousand.
I have suggested a "green button" saying available for work at the top of profiles which has to be re-activated each month. it works on other sites.

02 November 2011 06:46
rattusratus
Model

could the mods send out an email with a 'validate' link wait a month and then remove people who have selected to confirm they still want there profile
ratisha
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2011 08:48
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

At least a date is given when the profile holder last logged in...so one doesn't waste one's time...if it says for example last logged in 2009...I personally wouldn't contact that particular person.

People do take vacations from modelling..having a baby time, or whatever,,,I took 3 months off convalescing from major surgery...but glad I kept my profile going...

Some profiles don't even have a photograph on, which I do find a bit strange.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

02 November 2011 09:27
donmack
Photographer

The lack of photos is one of the bug bears and as some competitor sites won't allow a listing until a batch of photos are uploaded - surely not too much to deal with that.  I like the idea of the extra button - the programming is fairly easy to do and wouldn't involve great cost without diluting the number of portfolios on the site. 
The fact this thread is back means there may actually be a need for it.

WebModerator is a moderator
02 November 2011 09:28
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Matt has intimated several times that on space grounds there is no need to "clean up" the database.

All members are able to view Date Joined / Last Updated / Last Login dates on every profile.
All members can Search using chronological  Joined / Updated / Login statistics (ranked by Upgrade).
Gold and Platinum members can also view intitial contact message Reply Rates.
From this it should be possible to see if the member is active or just using the site for portfolio hosting.

43 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina coven Darling Evelyn_knight FeliciaGracexx Jeffjeeb2 kkoch Krystald Liam9 paige_hendrix REDXXX Rosamund
ad360photo altf4images amber7 AndytheMaster big_err BobMac cliffc Daveinsurrey Davidhepworth dhuntuk djb1 fannmore gkeesuk hylander jackw Kiboko KrissB laurencejpower modelboutique plld rscott360 siclews Snooper911 star_shots Steveh32 stufreeman Take5 thelook tonyjolley tonyphoto vapourtrail