This thread is being watched by 1 person
Profile Pictures is off-lineSilver Member
01 June 2015 07:10
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I can see the point of paid members being able to leave stuff however long they wish. Free members, who might have used the site for one day and never returned, or those who haven't visited in two years - really ought to be removed I think. Its pointless and misleading otherwise despite the excitable protestation above.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
01 June 2015 11:43
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

I Think recently a photographer asked if anyone knew if a certain model who hadnt done any modelling for a few years and if any info could be given on their recent work, i think his thread was locked and a moderator said if ex models dont want to be contacted then "we" should respect that..but same could be said about models who last logged in in 2012,so how is that....
On one side having old models on this site makes? new members enrol but then photographers are discouraged contacting 'old' models who may have moved on........

Moderator Input ( Repeated )

Our webmaster, Matt, has stated many times that he sees no reason to purge these profiles
and as it is Matt who has to ensure Purestorm's smooth running we assume he knows best.

02 June 2015 01:08
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Seems to me Matt is a decent sort of bloke, but a decline in popularity on the scsale experienced in the last two years indicates something isn't working at it best.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
02 June 2015 06:54
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Whats the saying " if it aint broke...dont fix it" oh and dont UPGRADE it either....

02 June 2015 08:34
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I think there's joint fault though, in that this environment can contain more than one type of interest group pretty easily. Ok, so primarily I think it's ûseful for working models to find work and consequently photographers to find models to shoot. Both those categories can be expanded based on range of modelling types and range of potential clients. Amateur hobbyist ) probably the bulk here currently) those with paid work to complete, advertising agency etc. but there's also room for make up artists and hair or stylists and designers to show an interest and network. Going towards the photographer side there are a million conversations and snippets if interest to be shared about technique, tools, reviews and projects.

Fact is, rather than developing in an organic way, the site is dying off. Even die hard gear heads don't entertain themselves arguing about canikon or similar anymore.

John Enger is off-line
24 January 2016 07:11
JohnEnger
Photographer
JohnEnger
Norway
Nannestad

I was just about to make a post on the same topic.
The reason they made it a sticky post (always at the top) must be because they get a lot of this as a suggestion.

I tried to make a search today for a trip I'm making, and it made about 13-14 hits on profiles. I started going throufg them and ONE was current enough to even consider. The rest of the profiles were from about 2009, and last the users last login was around the same time.

Since these profiles are not active, they are in the way and ruining the search for serious people. Yeah, I know about the filters, and yeah, I know you want your money. But seriously, users that has not logged in in 7 years?

John

G Jack B is off-line
25 January 2016 12:34
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Look at the bright side --- ITV lost over £100 million buying then selling FriendsReunited... and now it gone forever from a £150 million valuation to nothing.. so no one here will losing a fortune but this site is in the same decline...if you strip out all the old profiles then not a lot is left.
If you search DEVON models you get 20 members logged from this year then 200 from before.....
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

John Enger is off-line
26 January 2016 02:24
JohnEnger
Photographer
JohnEnger
Norway
Nannestad

Quote from Plymjack
Look at the bright side --- ITV lost over £100 million buying then selling FriendsReunited... and now it gone forever from a £150 million valuation to nothing.. so no one here will losing a fortune but this site is in the same decline...if you strip out all the old profiles then not a lot is left.
If you search DEVON models you get 20 members logged from this year then 200 from before.....

Well, if the site is dead, the site is dead. They for sure aren't increasing the value of the site by dragging along a bunch of dead profiles...

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
FirstLifePhotography GYMSTAR Photojoe670 traius zbojan