Can anyone please help with my army style shoot

marco is off-line
26 February 2012 17:29
marco2011
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Withernsea/hull

Hiya,
I am trying to do an army style shoot eg the guns, camo's, etc im sure you get the gist of it and im sure many of you will have done one yourselves, but im finding it almost impossible to find any props, guns etc etc for hire. can anyone guide me in the right direction please or is there any studios with this stuff in? thank you in advance.

Marco

Jenelle_James is off-line
26 February 2012 17:32
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

model studio in bury has a military set if that helps

Dave Chalmers is off-line
27 February 2012 06:02
Replicant
Photographer

Fife
Dunfermline

I'd suggest checking if there is an Airsoft group anywhere near you. A young guy I know is a regular at a local Airsoft venue. Most of the members have spent hundreds on their own camo gear and the weapons they use are indistinguishable from the real thing.

Paul Riddell is off-line
27 February 2012 07:20
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Whats your budget?

I've shot a couple of army shoots and we've had everything from camo and netting used as a background to proper period ammo boxes, armoured vehicles, period clothing etc.

There are a few hire places.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
27 February 2012 08:44
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

You could try contacting Bob on here.

Johnsons of Leeds are a good source of used military equipment in this country.

What is your budget and which period or genre are you interested in?
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

27 February 2012 08:48
starr8
Model

Army surplus stores. Have a look at the yellow pages.

marco is off-line
28 February 2012 05:47
marco2011
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Withernsea/hull

Thank you all for your comments and help

RazorSharpImages is online
28 February 2012 06:01
RazorSharpImages
Photographer

Hampshire

Quote from Replicant
I'd suggest checking if there is an Airsoft group anywhere near you. A young guy I know is a regular at a local Airsoft venue. Most of the members have spent hundreds on their own camo gear and the weapons they use are indistinguishable from the real thing.

+1
Google Airsoft in your area, if there is a site they usually have rental guns as well that you can probably sort out a deal with using them and the game site itself. Plus the players I'm sure would offer use of their gun and gear in exchange for some shots of themselves in game.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
28 February 2012 14:56
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Watch what you sign up for................this blondie got caught out

"Well, it's one for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... Now go, cat, go!"

Stevephot is off-line
28 February 2012 16:07
stevephot
Photographer
stevephot
Wiltshire
Winchester

Quote from Replicant
. Most of the members have spent hundreds on their own camo gear and the weapons they use are indistinguishable from the real thing.

Join the TA and you will be given the real stuff for free.

Dont blame me..i voted for the other lot :)

97 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Andrelicious BitterSweetHeart Emmawillis fionajane Hpegram123 Ivoryflame Kayleigh94 kira_kyoushu mandymack mariapantellismodel mlambert212 saharagee Tashaholz zadi
63jian AlletunYL andrew1968 Andy_Davies awomanatwork Bamfordphotography beaverray bicycleracer Blancho bopguy2k8 boss1968 BustyBritain cath catuaba Charliea chris12 ChrisD danisanchezphoto Daveinsurrey david_ballard david1500 DavidhePworth desyek Digipicman digitalsugar doctor donnydave eddyweir14 fannmore figureman flawless_photo FotoFoxy_Photography FreedomImages geetee gordonmackenzie2000 GSC4X hadre001 hioctane iamge jacob JohnPeters kimsandman2 lester2705 lify mackenzieking mark44 Markroberts marksilvester martinsmithphoto Mauricesimagery mickyb mightywhite mph mysteron nicholas_ainsley nicmarchant nikonuser oceanova paultombs peterh philippahh photo_j photomart pyrocam RazorSharpImages robmc Sam_Photographer sanjay silksky star_shots stiletto studio4 STUDIOMERLIN swalsh58 TACKLEBERRY Thechriss TheStudioMK vicpics viewfinders Wavey23 weststars wholeknight
photovibestudio