Reminder Secure

Anybody want a portfolio or single image critique ?

This thread is being watched by 11 people
Silverlight is off-linePlatinum Member
10 March 2012 16:37
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from pmeswani
Judging by the responses you have so far, I guess you won't have time to do mine, but if you do, feel free to look at mine.

Hi Prash, 

Art nude : looks like this was probably a studio day ? the image is lit in a way that makes the leading eye dark but its a nice figure study but a little blurred. 

Editorial : the image is distorted and looks unprofessional have a look and rework it / reload it maybe. 

Fashion : I would say these are portraits and there are some nice ones - consider using off camera flash and a narrow DOF to make the background less cluttered.

Lingerie : again i would say this is portraiture as its unlikely to sell lingerie and is more about the model. 

Performance stage : is out of context try to shoot them in a location that is in context. 

Swimwear : I would class these as glamour. 

To move forward i would study lighting and poses there are good ways to frame and crop people and at the moment there are some odd crops that make some images look a bit unprofessional. Also see if you can get some off camera flash to give you a bit more  light to work with. Maybe consider  getting some tuition if it sounds like to big a step as its not that hard at all when you are shown how and you would be a big benefit from it i think.  

Arielle Moon is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2012 16:41
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Machynlleth

My portfolio please
My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

10 March 2012 16:41
Siras
Photographer

Portfolio please ... *gulp*!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is

10 March 2012 16:51
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from Henry_Artist
I'd be interested to hear your views on this image please.

I think its an excellent image Henry, There is nothing i would want to change in it at all Its very convincing. I think you should be very proud of the shot. 

Personally I would like to have seen a series of these that capture the rest of the story. 

Jesfish is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2012 17:20
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Go for it, if you have time.

JackR is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2012 17:31
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

I'd welcome and respect a port critique Mister SL, if you have time. Thanks in anticipation.

10 March 2012 17:32
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from Shannow
I'm a fan of your work and not afraid of brutally harsh critique, and would certainly be interested in your appraisal of my work, if only to find out if our opinions on my weaknesses are the same.

Hi Brian, 

Love your portfolio and your dedication and direction, looks to me that you are well on the way to creating a great body of work. 

I think you could look at the quality of light in some of your work and see if you can improve it. It my be more appropriate for you to invest/use some hot lights that may work well and be more sympathetic with your style. You're portraits are similarly lit which is fine if thats you're chosen style but i cant help but think some more "modelling" in the light would add a little something extra to your work. Skin tones are also a bit hot in places but its not a real problem as in some ways it adds to the OTT feel of some of the images.

I think as you progress you will start to find that the control of contrast will give you're images a more polished appearance. But be careful with this type of feedback as sometimes  this can lead to over controlled less dramatic images that loose there grit. 

Thanks for asking and keep up the good work ! 

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
10 March 2012 17:33
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Hiya Wayne! I'd be interested to hear what you'd consider to be my weak areas and what I can improve upon on as a model. I think I know what you're going to say but I'd like that reaffirmed It'd be interesting to hear this from the perspective of what it was like to work with me vs. how I come across in my portfolio notes/photos.

pammie is off-line
10 March 2012 18:17
pammie
Model
pammie
Merseyside
liverpool

Thankyou very much will set about working on what you have said

Freya is off-line
10 March 2012 18:34
ZombieCandy
Model
ZombieCandy
Gloucestershire

I'd like to hear what you think of my portfolio

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Karenr nextc poisonchick666
2webmedia Antz Bizz bmphotography CMAGS dodge74 eltel fphotos GlasgowPhotographer gwkey84 Images1854 jackw jeronimo JohnDentonPhoto kriley Ladiesman martinchristie Pearhere rondisneyphotography SDR1000 Steveh32 tomphoto yellow_peril