Reminder Secure

Merged politically motivated topics by the same originator.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Neil Anderson is onlineSilver Member
19 March 2012 17:47
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from mattharper
Well, you said you couldn't be bothered to read all my earlier post, yet commented on it and now you can't be bothered to read the link, yet commented on it.  Yep, that sums up Labour, blind decisions

Well there's none so blind as those that will not see. I expect you learnt thay at school.
I commented on the beginning and the end of your post which were more or less intelligable

I found that there was little point in reading further points when the first two points are factually untrue, did you read through all 150, were any of them true ?

ps I just had a quick loo through the whole list --- very amusing, by that reasoning how many 'stealth' taxes has Osbourne intoduced so far ?
Look out there will be more this week when he secretly announces them to parliament.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Matt Harper is off-line
19 March 2012 18:00
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from stolenfaces
Well there's none so blind as those that will not see. I expect you learnt thay at school.
I commented on the beginning and the end of your post which were more or less intelligable

I found that there was little point in reading further points when the first two points are factually untrue, did you read through all 150, were any of them true ?

ps I just had a quick loo through the whole list --- very amusing, by that reasoning how many 'stealth' taxes has Osbourne intoduced so far ?
Look out there will be more this week when he secretly announces them to parliament.

This one caught my eye. No idea if it came about, I doubt it as it's a mattharper is a naughty person idea

Manure Recycling Tax • Riding stables and other businesses using horses have to buy a licence to make compost (used as fertiliser) from horse manure. And from 2005/07/01, businesses doing so will have to spend thousands of pounds on installing a leakproof concrete flooring beneath muck heaps with a sealed holding tank for the liquid which runs off.
   The average horse produces around 9 metric tons of manure per year. Muck heaps of between 5-50 metric tons will cost £252 for the first year and £174 for subsequent years. Heaps of 50-400 metric tons will cost £482 for the first year then £402 per year. Manure has been composted and spread on farmland for thousands of years. It has taken New Labour until 2005 to identify this source of a new stealth tax.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
19 March 2012 18:28
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
Well I read the first 2.  "Labour would like...." not implemeted, and if it had been what would have made it stealth. Presumably you think it's terrible that people with 2 homes should have to pay any council tax on their holiday cottage (or constituency home as MPs call it)

Nuclear Tax  doesn't exist  (although I think Cameron is trying to bring something similar in, but is being prevented by EU competition rules.

I presume the rest are just as tenuous / ridiculous

No more ridiculous than the idea put forward by a certain NL Deputy PM who shall remain nameless and who seriously wanted to impose a 'View Tax'... where those with nice views from their homes should be taxed on it! I actually watched him talking about it during a TV interview! Tenuous eh?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1582556/Secret-council-tax-database-penalises-homes-with-a-view.html

How about the raid on pensions? I suppose that didn't take place too? How about increases in NI by employers.. in other words an employment tax! How about the massive rises in Council Tax....Insurance Premium Tax doubled....I could go on and on but you'd just continue to deny it, so it's pointless!

You can be as dismissive as you wish but our departed NL chancellor was the best Tax Master this country has ever produced! Nothing was safe or sacred where he was concerned! It was tax tax tax all the way to pay for his ridiculous spending on failed social policies!

Here's a few more links...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1546515/List-of-Browns-stealth-taxes.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100309121907AAkgys1 

http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/stealth3.htm

www.le-femme.co.uk

Ken Pegg is off-line
23 March 2012 07:50
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Quote from jivago

I don't resent wealth on merit (as you seem to be representing above) - At all (I am wealthy actually) - .

It looks as though you have come across some lucrative tax avoidance schemes in order to escape liability. Could you post some suitable advice for us tax payers?

jivago Photographic is off-linePlatinum Member
23 March 2012 08:13
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from kenp
It looks as though you have come across some lucrative tax avoidance schemes in order to escape liability. Could you post some suitable advice for us tax payers?

I have nothing to declare but my genius.
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 March 2012 08:19
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
I have nothing to declare but my genius.

You are actually a very good photographer! Just a shame about everything else.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

AnthonygH is onlineSilver Member
24 March 2012 11:25
anthonyh
Photographer

Essex

The gap between the rich and poor has increased considerably during the 'recession'...if we are to believe the logic of some of the 'economists' on here the wealth of the Nation should have increased by a similar degree....personally...I haven't noticed it.

Slightly related...it is amazing how many people on here can only equate being successful in terms of the size of their income. That logic makes Van Gogh one of the least successful working artists that has ever ended up having work on public display.

Tim is off-line
24 March 2012 11:40
Zprangz
Photographer
Zprangz
Somerset
Cheddar

The UK tax system in beer.

Suppose that once a week, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to £100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this..

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay £1.
The sixth would pay £3.
The seventh would pay £7.
The eighth would pay £12.
The ninth would pay £18.
And the tenth man (the richest) would pay £59.

So, that’s what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every week and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until, one day, the owner caused them a little problem. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your weekly beer by £20.” Drinks for the ten men would now cost just £80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free but what about the other six men? The paying customers? How could they divide the £20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that £20 divided by six is £3.33 but if they subtracted that from everybody’s share then not only would the first four men still be drinking for free but the fifth and sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fairer to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage. They decided to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so, the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (a100% saving).
The sixth man now paid £2 instead of £3 (a 33% saving).
The seventh man now paid £5 instead of £7 (a 28% saving).
The eighth man now paid £9 instead of £12 (a 25% saving).
The ninth man now paid £14 instead of £18 (a 22% saving).
And the tenth man now paid £49 instead of £59 (a 16% saving).

Each of the last six was better off than before with the first four continuing to drink for free.

But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got £1 out of the £20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got £10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a £1 too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get £10 back, when I only got £2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!” The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next week the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important – they didn’t have enough money between all of them to pay for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy and they just might not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.

Professor of Economics.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible
Tim Large TA Craft Photography

jivago Photographic is off-linePlatinum Member
24 March 2012 12:22
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Zprangz
The UK tax system in beer.

Suppose that once a week, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to £100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this..

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay £1.
The sixth would pay £3.
The seventh would pay £7.
The eighth would pay £12.
The ninth would pay £18.
And the tenth man (the richest) would pay £59.

So, that’s what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every week and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until, one day, the owner caused them a little problem. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your weekly beer by £20.” Drinks for the ten men would now cost just £80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free but what about the other six men? The paying customers? How could they divide the £20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that £20 divided by six is £3.33 but if they subtracted that from everybody’s share then not only would the first four men still be drinking for free but the fifth and sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fairer to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage. They decided to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so, the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (a100% saving).
The sixth man now paid £2 instead of £3 (a 33% saving).
The seventh man now paid £5 instead of £7 (a 28% saving).
The eighth man now paid £9 instead of £12 (a 25% saving).
The ninth man now paid £14 instead of £18 (a 22% saving).
And the tenth man now paid £49 instead of £59 (a 16% saving).

Each of the last six was better off than before with the first four continuing to drink for free.

But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got £1 out of the £20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got £10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a £1 too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get £10 back, when I only got £2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!” The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next week the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important – they didn’t have enough money between all of them to pay for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy and they just might not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.

Professor of Economics.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Ooops - You shot your shot right off there surprise
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
24 March 2012 12:50
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
Ooops - You shot your shot right off thereĀ 

And shooting off your shot is really painful!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

148 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
asian_amy_latina asif Bexwhite BLogan Bogle CharliAngel cindylee claire_marie27 DaisyBright geebs25 georgiesheridan Hannahmarie12 HayleySamanthaCx Hollymarsden Jadesasha Jasmine_nikitaa1 kacie kasia Kate1988 katie_lawrence1 KaylaJo kimmy99 Kizzie1989 leona1 louise24 LoveChloe OlgaCabaeva prettypolly Raphaellalily ritaro roxymendez Rwinchester Shortjojo Silkythighslou sophiadelane sparkley SylviaM tanyacox Tiinak
Adamjt7 aesthetique altf4images anthonyh arteephoto awomanatwork beaverray bernadinism Bucklers buddygb BustyBritain canonboy_nuneaton Captivelight clarmike clearview_photography Daddylonglense dannyrich Dave@studio99 davejarvis daveydude David_ballard davidhibberd designerhugh dhuntuk digitalsugar Dramatic_digital duncanjames edwardmallia eosfan epsmith focus_photo For_Arts_Sake freddie Gabby_d gdpics geronimo Graham12 grahamh gshocker30 gsphoto gwentman hantsphotographer Holmax hphotography Hugh imageatthemill Images1854 james_cohan jamesboswell JC_Photography JeromeRazoir JMatsonArtography johnb63 JohnChapman Kjoservices leander lesmcluckie lysander marc_chadwick marksilvester markwoodhouse martinlevenson mattcairns Mercman Mike103 parafotos Paul_Jones PaulManuell philippahh Photobomber photochroma photographybyfleur photoshooter poah Profilepictures Psn rankin22 redbaron redzco reynard ricciarelli roger1944 rondisneyphotography RupertRudd seanb siwalters skymouse Smooth_image socialdisaster southernsnapper steveh32 stolenfaces strongbow SurrealNudes tazr2 TerryXX99 the_tamworth_tog thestarglider VB_Photo vipimages Webbo2 westcott yekim yellow_peril Zrphotography
Dave111 Zoekarpeta
eyeforanimage harbourstudio