Reminder Secure

What do we think of models giving the wrong town on their profile?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Paul Hodson is off-line
17 March 2012 13:56
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ajc07977

- I guess some think that:

* Many people are to thick to have any half decent grasp of UK geography

* People are too thick / lazy to use Google Maps / Google Earth

Having had models reply to casting calls for TF from hundreds of miles away - or asking if Crewe is near London .............
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
17 March 2012 14:21
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Plymouth (holiday) / Bristol (term)

I think it's fine to list the nearest town if you live somewhere obscure, like a village nobody has heard of, otherwise you might get passed by. If I lived in Modbury I'd say I lived near Plymouth. Photographers rarely travel to me and so long as you own up and quote accurate expenses, there shouldn't be any problem. I know of many that say London when they're about an hour away, and this is kinda acceptable if they're willing to foot the bill from where they are to London and are on time.

Stuart is off-line
17 March 2012 14:35
Stuart
Photographer
Stuart
Cumbria

Quote from mph
Having had models reply to casting calls for TF from hundreds of miles away - or asking if Crewe is near London .............

Maybe if you can’t spell “Geography” then you don’t need to study it. If you can, you end up in a Class with a 23 year old fresh out of University, knows EVERYTHING but can’t find their Arse from their Elbow cheekysurprise

Tim Cheesman is off-line
17 March 2012 20:20
MrTim
Photographer

Norfolk
Norwich

Quote from JenSomerfield
I think it's fine to list the nearest town if you live somewhere obscure, like a village nobody has heard of, otherwise you might get passed by. If I lived in Modbury I'd say I lived near Plymouth. Photographers rarely travel to me and so long as you own up and quote accurate expenses, there shouldn't be any problem. I know of many that say London when they're about an hour away, and this is kinda acceptable if they're willing to foot the bill from where they are to London and are on time.

Yeah, putting the nearest major town is fine (I do the same myself), but the real location (or at least a rough "I live 25 miles South West" of Big Town) should definitely be mentioned in your profile, or brought up straight away when someone enquires about a booking, if you're going to expect the full travel expenses for getting to where you already claim to be. Can make quite a difference if both parties are doing it and they live on diametrically opposed sides of the place, 40 miles apart when they thought they were neighbours!

Jesfish is off-lineSilver Member
17 March 2012 20:24
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from mph
Norwich - where's that?

Exactly!  I may aswell put London!

Jesfish is off-lineSilver Member
17 March 2012 20:25
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from mgphotomedia
See I'm now wondering why you changed your username. [But I'm sure it must have been for a genuine reason - no need to explain why.]

Soo suspicious!!  :-)

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
17 March 2012 21:30
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

i wanted to shoot a model up in the north of watford somewhere, i think
it was dunfermline. stated in profile notes travel no object.
we got to the point of discussing travel, and how he would
get to me, and then the penny dropped. ESSEX? oh no, that's far too travel.

"thanks for your time, bye"

!

(sigh)

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
18 March 2012 07:32
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I say I live in Newcastle when I actually live 28 miles West. Why? If I put my real location, as I used to, noone would know where on earth it was as I live in rural countryside. Plus I'm in Newcastle a lot and have friends/fiancé I can stay with when shooting late there.

Makes no odds as I never charge travel expenses from my location to Newcastle.

19 March 2012 10:14
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

It annoys me, especially for here.

In my early days I contacted a model who had her town listed as "Aberdeen", which for me was great, she's local. I found out after she lived in the middle of nowhere, 5 miles out of "New Pitslago" and she wanted to be picked up.....

I don't mind if someone is a few miles out of the town they have listed to get more interest, so long as they pay their own travel.

If I book someone from Aberdeen, I expect them to be in Aberdeen as I can pick them up.

Jenny Wren is off-line
19 March 2012 17:32
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

I don't even live near anywhere big! Luckily, Purestorm has heard of Shaftesbury, (which is more than most people, I have to tell them it's where the Hovis advert was filmed), which is my nearest biggish place. Truth be told, I live in a collection of 5 houses and an antiques shop by the side of the A350 in the middle of nowhere!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

169 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alex38 Andygalesings ankesenamun Biancahenry Bogle caralou Charn1 christiec claire_marie27 clint1983 cody corrinemariexxx DasiyMae93 drluciensanchez ElizabethaA emma_morgan gina_g gypsy Jo_Louise jojobear karenr Kittypie ladeeyj louisajade11 mayjewell michelledefeo1 Natashasmith91 Ninacarter Pammymc Peterpani Silkythighslou sofiarae sophie1993 sophielaughton SuzyMonty vickey Wickens xgeorgiakingx xxmrmthxx
adyman ajsphotographic AlexisJones Bennyfox1 bernadinism Bill_M BNMedia boxy Brian_Brown BryanR callear Carlfrench carpe_diem Clare_atherton clarmike controlledimage CoventryNeil cymbal cziiki D_H_P dandelion danny_springgay dannyrich Dave@studio99 daveken david1500 davidn DexyMini djb1 djwilby dougharding draken elwood FURIan GDPics gerry99111 GerryC grahamr Greendale_Images GSC4X guitarman Hardwick Hioctane HowardJ IainT Ian1980 Impulse_Images ironblokeman jackcalling Jayp1 JeromeRazoir johnathons johnb johnb63 johnboy2 johndt jonasbee jskazza kalixte karruu123 kevinw117 kjoleweb Kjoservices Ladiesman laurencejpower LeicesterStargazer leighphotographic madinina972 maffphoto manny_bash mark44 markbutler markconnell MarkF40 Marki Matt_n metro Mike103 mikethefoto moodimage MoonlightModels Morph mountainview mr_fold_sir_08 Nash nigel Oberonfoto OlgaKedzierska ORKADIA Pat9669A peteb peter_d_photography pmeu Reynard rrt satinstar seasick shireknight sirspread skinz Snapster socialdisaster southernsnapper splitsecondphotography1 StefenDicks Steve_Stanford steveh32 stevehos1 stillshot Stimpy Stoker stolenfaces strongnick Stuartcohen36 studio1910 studioH trevski tthompson01 vipimages Vspot Wainwrightm warnie wplphotography wrh yellow_peril ziesphotography
MICB312
lensmaster photovibestudio prpstudios