Reminder Secure

Hair Extensions Advice Please!!

Maria Bird is off-line
13 April 2012 03:55
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

Im thinking about having hair extensions for a couple of weeks or so and want to know wots the best way of having them done as ive heard of a few options but my hair is really dry and dont want it to fall out!!
So whats peoples opinions on the best way to have them put in and how long do they last for?
Another question which might seem a bit silly but once they are in is there anyway of having a lose perm so it stays loose curls the whole time rather then styling them everyday? lol

Thanks

Jesfish is off-lineSilver Member
13 April 2012 04:18
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

If you only want them for a couple of weeks you're better off buying clip in extensions.  They can be curled, dyed etc...as long as it's real hair and not synthetic.

Maria Bird is off-line
13 April 2012 04:23
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

yeh they are easy but u have to put them in every day and its just a hassle
i usually use them for nights out but want a bit of a change lol

Ava Marie is off-line
13 April 2012 06:16
cadencecandy
Model
cadencecandy
Kent
Medway

If you don't want clip in extensions I would advice getting them weaved in and not glued. When doing hairdressing training I saw a number of people who had extensions glued in and when removing them either cutting some of their own hair out or still having glue in their hair. Will be expensive though.

Maria Bird is off-line
13 April 2012 06:29
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

hmmm cant find anyone who weaves them in bristol though, what about wefts and micro beads and that? im clueless lol

Holly Harding is off-line
27 June 2012 18:22
HollyHarding
Model
HollyHarding
East Sussex
Pevensey Bay

Clip ins are unfortunately the best option for a quick fix, and less damaging to the hair.
Simply put them in in sections, back combing and spraying your roots to give extra hold.

All extensions are relatively high maintenance.
Other types usually last up to six weeks depending on their quality, the skill of the stylist, and how they are looked after.
Glue ins do tend to damage the hair, weaves are great for thick hair and micro loops/beads can be quite uncomfortable!

You could buy a halo hair weft. Or 'flip in' hair.
They are easy to use, but expensive.

As for the loose perm, perms are perms.
In my area, you dont get a perm for loose curls, im pretty sure it cant be done!
It would pretty much destroy your extensions anyway, not to mention your natural hair!

stiffler1991 is off-line
27 June 2012 18:27
jadestiff1991
Model
jadestiff1991
Suffolk
stowmarket

ive had weves in before.. i loved em... but it was a trainee mobile hair dresser who did them and you get bit of a shock after the person who put them in refuses to take them out so you turn to your mum who has no idea what shes doing and helps cut them out and loads of strands of hair falls out in the shower... so if woven go to a pro!(i only had them done for a favour to this hairdresser 'regrets') otherwise i use clip ins... hassle to put in but its lush when they r in.
If you cant change the direction of the wind - adjust your sails.

Miss Distania is off-line
08 July 2012 08:03
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

If you have tried clips before but can't be bothered with the hassle of putting them in each day then you can use the glue option as long as you don't do it all the time and soak your head and hair in the glue remover solution for at least an hour then the extensions will come out easily without pulling your hair out. x

Laura Jo is off-line
08 July 2012 11:08
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I had the glue in ones done at a salon and really wouldnt reccomend them. Very high maintenance and also noticed when I had them removed how awful my hair looked, very thin and damaged. As you say you have dry hair I would be VERY cautious about this option.

I then bought clip in ones and find them much better as they dont ruin my hair.

I dont know much about the other types.

MissTy Moore is off-line
08 July 2012 11:27
MisstyMoore
Model
MisstyMoore
Essex
Colchester

Great Lengths are fantastic, check my pics out..

169 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AlaisPeach amyc_01 Angel8 balboarhodes Beckykvittems Bexwhite blondiebd Bryonysmith Charlotte90 Chloe_L dom74c ellie94 erinb Faytaylor Hannahlarouge1 Jasmine_nikitaa1 jensomerfield jodieW Joelhicks kelly198530 ladyd39 missblond Nikki_pereira1992 Ninacarter OlgaCabaeva Raphaellalily Sabrina_hutton sami_c samothdayeaman sarah_martin sarahsykes Sashababyx sexyshawty shazza09 Silkythighslou Sophiasmith vicks vivalajuicey Xxcatxx XXemmaXdeeXX Zara25
2bridgesphotography akagi andrewf Andy_B asnphotography bbphotos beaverray belmez2000 BGP BIGBLUE Bill_M bizz Brunswick_imagery carpe_diem clearview_photography Cliff couchestudio Crippen Dandelion DarrenB darrenk desyek dfletcher4images digitalmood djdigitalimagery dlphoto dominicdgt domnumberone donaldmac Drowley EdT em26 Eosfan epsmith erayguner Essexjohn finesse FlashBangWallop flawless_photo focus_photo For_Arts_Sake gazbiker gerry99111 gkeesuk glennb85 gmart greeneye GSGPHOTOGRAPHY gshocker30 Gunnar1975 gunnergraham hampshire_tog hotdrj IanHighlander Images1854 jazzweber jcreation Jerryg JohnDentonPhoto johnmphoto johnwayne JonSN keithmorg98 Ken_Smith Kevbee Kjoservices laurencejpower lesmcluckie LGI Mauricesimagery mcarthur mghphoto mikeg1 MLP mrdl mspHOTOGRAPHIC Neil_M nicetwocu nigel oceanova otteypm Palah panda49 para Paul_Jones paultombs Peter_d_photography peterh phoenix2309 photogenicuk photostevo plymjack raysmithinc2 rembrandt RJA_Photography roundtheworld rscott360 RyanAMillerPhoto sabrinawoodard seanb shackledmaidens shane136 shinywear silverbox Simon_P skphoto Smooth_image Snooper911 spiritofwales stavros stefansikorski Stibnite Stolenfaces storm321 Studio34 Stufreeman Surreyshooter swyftie thestarglider TreasuredMomentz trevski twodogs239 Vspot WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS Whitehartphotography yellow_peril zzdigital
Bright_lights