Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perth/Coupar Angus

Quote from RebeccaAmy
You are 26
Holly is 27
JennyWren is 28

I'm 20.

What I'm saying is that when photographers and models alike are saying things like "that's a real womans figure" or describing me as "curvy" I'm sat here thinking...well I'm not really a woman and it's hard on the ears to be described in such way.

I'm not saying that I am taking offence to what is being said, I know that people are complimenting me by saying it, it's just strange to hear..

This is my own personal word association/perception...I'm not saying it's bad to be curvy, or even bad to be called curvy...I'm just saying it is strange for me.

RebeccaAmy <3

Not sure what age has to do with anything to be honest - you are an adult and female - maybe the term woman annoys you because you feel you are too young to be called a woman or something? god knows.

Nobody said anything about "real women" because that term is a load of Chrissie_Red is a naughty person , real women come in all shapes and sizes. Short/tall/slim/fat/somewhere in the middle. People have complimented you but you seem to not be hearing anything or hearing the compliments as insults. If it makes things better I will say you are a petite slim girl rather than a beautiful curvy woman.

Bailey-K is off-line
03 May 2012 09:52
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Hertfordshire

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Not sure what age has to do with anything to be honest - you are an adult and female - maybe the term woman annoys you because you feel you are too young to be called a woman or something? god knows.

Nobody said anything about "real women" because that term is a load of BaileyK is a naughty person , real women come in all shapes and sizes. Short/tall/slim/fat/somewhere in the middle. People have complimented you but you seem to not be hearing anything or hearing the compliments as insults. If it makes things better I will say you are a petite slim girl rather than a beautiful curvy woman.

Even triangular? ;-)

Amy <3 is off-line
03 May 2012 09:56
RebeccaAmy
Model
RebeccaAmy
Cheshire
Wirral

Quote from Chrissie_Red

Nobody said anything about "real women" because that term is a load of RebeccaAmy is a naughty person , real women come in all shapes and sizes. Short/tall/slim/fat/somewhere in the middle. People have complimented you but you seem to not be hearing anything or hearing the compliments as insults. If it makes things better I will say you are a petite slim girl rather than a beautiful curvy woman.

I really don't know what angle you're coming from here.

If you read through what has been said; people have complimented me by calling me "curvy" but also described how these pictures make me look a lot bigger than I do.

On second look, they do make me look bigger than I am so that's fair.

So there it is; a distinct correlation between me being called "curvy" (a word which I don't recall being used to describe me) and images making me look larger than I am.

As for you saying that I am taking taking compliments as insults or me getting annoyed; I don't understand your basis for such comments.

Heres what happened;

I posted pictures
People commented that they make me look bigger than I am.
I defended this with an objection to say I hadn't put weight on.

I don't particularly care what other models look like; that's their issues.
If a photographer or model wants to compliment me, with whatever word, even curvy...I'll absorb it because I like being complimented.

All I have said is that these images have sparked some new descriptive words for me "curvy" "woman" etc and they're strange to hear.

Not bad...

Just different.

RebeccaAmy <3

Amy <3 is off-line
03 May 2012 09:58
RebeccaAmy
Model
RebeccaAmy
Cheshire
Wirral

Quote from BaileyK
 Ignore what I said LOL,
I read your post properly.

Chill though at least people aren't being nasty!
x

I didn't even read it laa frown

Plus I am chilled...

This thread is starting to build into one of those;

"You need to calm down"
"I am calm"
"No you're not, I can tell by the way you're typing it"

...threads.

Amy <3 is off-line
03 May 2012 10:02
RebeccaAmy
Model
RebeccaAmy
Cheshire
Wirral

And besides; I've only just been unbanned so I don't fancy a public debate.

Let's just put it down to word perception.

I live in a different part of the country to you so when I hear "bubbly" I think "annoying". When I hear "curvy" I think "big gal".
Maybe that factors in with my age as well...

Who knows, who cares.

RebeccaAmy <3

Faye is off-lineSilver Member
03 May 2012 10:32
Faye
Model
Faye
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I think its sad the word curvy has been hijacked to mean fat or big or whatever. To me it means hip to waist ratio. I'm fairly slim and short, but my waist is small compared to my hips. I consider myself curvy because despite being small and flat chested, I'm not straight up and down in the waist/hips department.

I only met you briefly last year but I would describe you as slim with big boobs and a small waist with a nice bum. These images show off your bum and in my opinion, don't make you look fat or big or anything else like that.
http://infayemous.com/

Dani-Elle' is off-line
03 May 2012 10:46
Dani-Elle
Model
Dani-Elle
West Yorkshire
Leeds (can travel)

Quote from Faye
I think its sad the word curvy has been hijacked to mean fat or big or whatever.

+1!

But anyway about the images; I love the last one, very flattering and the motion in your hair looks stunning.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Mike Riot is off-line
03 May 2012 10:46
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from Faye
I think its sad the word curvy has been hijacked to mean fat or big or whatever.

I totally agree, and maybe thats where the age thing comes in to it.
It seems as people have got larger, the term curvy has been used to described people who only a few years ago would have been deemed fat.

So, while Rebecca is only 20, the rest of us who are late 20s see the term as something else

"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

Amy <3 is off-line
03 May 2012 11:22
RebeccaAmy
Model
RebeccaAmy
Cheshire
Wirral

Quote from Faye
I think its sad the word curvy has been hijacked to mean fat or big or whatever. To me it means hip to waist ratio. I'm fairly slim and short, but my waist is small compared to my hips. I consider myself curvy because despite being small and flat chested, I'm not straight up and down in the waist/hips department. I only met you briefly last year but I would describe you as slim with big boobs and a small waist with a nice bum. These images show off your bum and in my opinion, don't make you look fat or big or anything else like that.

Thank you very much.

It is unfortunate but I guess what ones terms fat is subjective and opinionated...

I'm 5'2 and I'm a 6-8...if I was a 10...I'd probably look fat.
...but if somebody was 5'8 and a size 6...they'd probably look too skinny.

I guess the likes of Coleen Rooney and Gok Wan are warped our opinions.

Now it's the skinny people who get chastised; whilst it's perfectly acceptable to be "big and beautiful"

RebeccaAmy <3

Mike Riot is off-line
03 May 2012 11:23
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from RebeccaAmy
"big and beautiful"

Urban Myth
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmyardRose charlotte_x Franka Jadebabeees mariapantellismodel morganrose91 Silkythighslou VictoriaClaire zara25
casell constructphoto dhuntuk Flair_photography FlashHarold freddie grahamsphotography ionosphere lanesphotographic legarius marcneal michaelJ Profit Simon_P simon_wren skymouse streetmodel tanguy02 topphotographer Vspot Williamsimagery yellow_peril