Reminder Secure

The Photography Show.

John Woolley is off-line
26 June 2013 15:22
Johnmphoto
Photographer
Johnmphoto
Greater Manchester

The Photography Show to replace Focus on Imaging at the NEC.

International media group and digital publisher Future is bringing a new consumer event in the photography sector to The NEC.

http://www.exhibitionnews.co.uk/newsdetails/3086/future-launches-the-photography-show-at-the-nec

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
26 June 2013 15:41
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Saw this news this afternoon, quite 'wheel turns full circle' Focus was derived from 'Photography at Work' exhibition, which alternated years, Harrogate and London. Photography at Work was started, if my memory serves me by the publishing house that included Professional Photographer.
So now another publishing group takes up the baton!

Jon E is off-line
12 July 2013 15:40
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Devon
Seaton, E Devon.

Dont think it is going to be like Focus... the floor plan sent to me includes a 40x12m stage, a wild flower garden and a large auditorium.

The advance material sent to potential exhibitors is very much aimed at the consumer end of the market, and image processing - You only have to look at the magazines Future publish to see where the slant will be.

And another big flag... ticketing is going to be handled by Ticket Master I believe, so be prepared to be paying booking fees....

And in the next breath.. Life Media, who operate in the same areas as Future have announced a pretty much identical event at Excel in London..... 3 weeks later.

Whether both will get off the ground I don't know, but I cant see too many exhibitors committing big time to both: Space at the London event is about 35% cheaper than for the NEC.

Watch this space - its fun being in the trade at the moment: At least no-one's grumbling about business being slack for something to talk about.

niocliK is off-line
14 July 2013 05:40
nioclik
Photographer
nioclik
Essex
Canvey Island

If ticket master handle the tickets you can guarantee that it will be sold out in 10 minutes, then up for sale on their sister site for 10 times the price!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
lilkim18x lynnesel Sammi_1985 toxicinnocence VictoriaClaire wildchief Winterlilly
Anderson78 BOZZ Brian2008 diphoto dorrian firsttake geoffmarchant jimbob Kjoservices KosupureUK MAMAMIYA markeos50d Oberonfoto philippahh pierre poah rscott360 skymouse stevegosh StuartCollinsPhoto Studio1
photo39