Reminder Secure

Now the nights are drawing in (four candles)

Steve Guy is off-line
19 November 2013 15:21
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Profilepictures,

You seem to have quite a low opinion of this board, and people on it. You also seem to have as high expectations of other people's photography as you have high opinions of your own. As you point out though, they are just opinions. But, the real question is, with such low opinions of others on this board, why are you still here, and why are you offering them your work for comment?

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 November 2013 15:36
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from Sdeve
Profilepictures,

You seem to have quite a low opinion of this board, and people on it. You also seem to have as high expectations of other people's photography as you have high opinions of your own. As you point out though, they are just opinions. But, the real question is, with such low opinions of others on this board, why are you still here, and why are you offering them your work for comment?

This is comedy gold!

Your gem of comment wisdom was 'baps and flaps' if I recall correctly? Yes? I expect you think it's a high expectation of mine that a photographer might be able to say something a little more constructive than that about a picture? Do models respond well to that kind of description...do you even remember?

As for low opinions of people on the board, many are known pretty well to me and by and large we seem to rub along well enough together. I've been on the site since 2010 so not as long as your venerable self of course; In fact the last time you posted a new picture here, I was two years away from owning a camera at all.

Trolls, or voyeurs?

Mike is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2013 16:10
M1KE
Photographer
M1KE
Cheshire
Chester

On the images;
1. I like the light and shadows on the arms and legs but overall the distortion in the upper torso due to pose and angle of view is not flattering to Lisa. For an open leg(ish) shot that's not in keeping with Lisa's normal style I'd say it is not portfolio worthy and would not strike me as one worth the editing time.

2. Is probably my favourite but I found the obvious plug socket is a big distraction from the overall theme.

3. Is not showing for me

4. If only Lisa was 15 degrees closer to the centre of the frame you could crop both door frames either side and have a winning image.

All in all two nice images and now you know the candelabra is down there perhaps keep it in mind for the future?

On the thread;
Quite disappointed by a lot of the comments. Puns and innuendo are generally crap, even when used generically. When directed at / about any member of this community they should really be avoided.
"Down with this sort of thing", "Careful now"

Steve Guy is off-line
19 November 2013 16:33
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from profilepictures

This is comedy gold!

Your gem of comment wisdom was 'baps and flaps' if I recall correctly? Yes? I expect you think it's a high expectation of mine that a photographer might be able to say something a little more constructive than that about a picture? Do models respond well to that kind of description...do you even remember?

As for low opinions of people on the board, many are known pretty well to me and by and large we seem to rub along well enough together. I've been on the site since 2010 so not as long as your venerable self of course; In fact the last time you posted a new picture here, I was two years away from owning a camera at all.

Trolls, or voyeurs?

Allow me to help you out here. The 'baps and flaps' remark was part of an ironical reference to those people who take crappy 'art nude' images, usually in monochrome and rave on about light and shadow as an excuse for their leching. Irony, you may care to note, is nothing to do with metallurgy. You know people on here, and rub along well enough with them? I presume these are the people you haven't yet felt the need to sneer at. surprising in view of your obvious tendency to greet anything you don't like with personal attacks.

As for posting images, I have said on here quite a few times, although you may well not have seen, my life and personal circumstances have meant my interests are elsewhere, but I still take some interest in the subject, and like to keep a watching brief, so to speak. As for the voyeur bit, do you really think that with all the internet to play with, this site is the thrash venue of choice for the discerning perv?

And why offer images for appraisal at all if you regard opinions offered as nothing more than something to be enjoyed by the holder, unless, I presume, they are saying how wonderful yours are.

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 November 2013 16:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Troll then.

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
anna88 chosin laine miles Sammy_Louise Zadi
bbphotos claypaws D_H_P Dbphotography dorrian duncanjames FlashHarry100 frankpht Funder005 iestyn markeos50d mcgimages Photojames43