Junior / Senior light stands

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 January 2014 07:54
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

What's the difference between the two types?

I've just noticed a Manfrotto INOX senior stand going cheapish and since Manfrotto are stopping making stainless stands I'm tempted to buy it (I hate the thought of buying mild steel and especially chromed gear).  I've already got a junior stainless stand but am unsure what the difference is.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2014 08:43
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I think its weight, strength , load bearing capacity and maximum height capability.

28 January 2014 09:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

No, it'll be more fundamental than judging by the figures on Manfrotto's website (which are near as damn-it identical for both types).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

28 January 2014 09:40
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Senior stands appear to have an adjustable levelling leg and different fitting at the top with both a 5/8 spigot and receptacle for a larger insert.

28 January 2014 09:43
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

My Manfrotto Junior stand has both of those (as do Manfrotto's Senior stands)

28 January 2014 09:51
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Best contact Manfrotto's uk distributor then.

Jon E is off-line
28 January 2014 16:11
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Devon
Seaton, E Devon.

Quote from magpie1
Best contact Manfrotto's uk distributor then.

You mean Manfrotto (UK) then... in the same stable as Lastolite & Colorama at Ashby de la Zouch

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE danixhale georgiaiaxo Pebbles40
andyf antoinewynn Chopper_images cliffc firsttake Irish_Rover jackw Jayp1 jonnywoo jpegster OTM_teresa poah stephenmuddell westend_portfolios Willjamieson