Len Maynard is off-line
11 April 2014 14:34
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

[ Two identical topics have been Merged by a Moderator ]

Recently there have been several Moderator comments about models and photographers keeping the within The Purestorm messaging system but this is not practical as I cant a 4 to 6 page PDF of the shoot profile. So for every shoot I need to ask for an email address

As a suggestion if you want to advise people to stay within the community for safety then you need to provide the tools to allow this.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 April 2014 14:38
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Use a Dropbox link
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Len Maynard is off-line
12 April 2014 13:24
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Steven
Thank you for the idea but having never used dropbox how do you know the person has seen/received the document.

I may be a trogladite but I don't like leaving electronic information as I don't trust so much of modern life and keep my information to a minimum having had my identity stolen twice. Therefore I limit what I supply in the way of username emails etc. and still rely on emails and the postal service despite their imperfections.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

12 April 2014 14:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

No you don't know if they've read the 'attachment' (as it'll simply a hyperlink to a file on your dropbox account), but then how do you know they'll bother with attachments on a normal message? (it'll flag they've received and opened it but you won't get verification they've gone the next stage and looked at the attachment)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
13 April 2014 07:47
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As Steven says, when you invite someone into a dropbox file, you are sent an email when the recipicant has opened the said file.   smiley

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Victoria Howard is off-line
25 September 2014 05:25
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

I wish it was possible to send attachments via priavte message.

25 September 2014 05:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Use a Dropbox link

raw and the cooked is off-line
25 September 2014 05:42
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Another site has something called YOUR SHARED FOLDER which is kind of like a built in site dropbox! Very useful feature!

25 September 2014 05:57
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's not hard to copy & paste a link though, either for the sender or recipient.

w4pictures is off-line
25 September 2014 06:11
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from Victoria_Howard
I wish it was possible to send attachments via priavte message.

+1

It would be quick, simple and would keep everything "in house". There's nothing not to like.

The question is, is it technically possible?

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine zephyrina
frankpht Gazza32 Rscott360