25 September 2014 07:21
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from w4pictures
+1

It would be quick, simple and would keep everything "in house". There's nothing not to like.

The question is, is it technically possible?

Anything is technically possible but the feature that people would want the most would put massive demands on Purestorm's servers (ie. file upload & attachment rather than simply adding a hyperlink to a web-located file).  And even simply having the feature to attach a hyperlink will cause trouble because people will still moan... ' what's a hyperlink? '

Most of us seem to get by fine with simply copying and pasting a link from dropbox and additionally using the link icon that Purestorm provides in its text editor.

Dropbox & many of its contemporaries are free to use and have more than enough space for most so why not give them a try?
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

HowardJ is off-line
25 September 2014 14:40
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Skid2

[ Two identical topics have been Merged by a Moderator ]

Recently there have been several Moderator comments about models and photographers keeping the within The Purestorm messaging system but this is not practical as I cant a 4 to 6 page PDF of the shoot profile. So for every shoot I need to ask for an email address

As a suggestion if you want to advise people to stay within the community for safety then you need to provide the tools to allow this.

4 to 6 page shoot profile?

How many models actually read it?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 September 2014 02:17
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HowardJ
4 to 6 page shoot profile? How many models actually read it?

+1

Unless you're producing world-class photos with a crew behind you, why on earth would you need this?
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 gemstones jenbailey7 miss_victoire nataliaforrest rob452 Softgentle Theenglishrose
ad360photo creativedge david1500 duncanjames Einstein hylander Iconoclast JohnDentonPhoto nonoizephotography peteb pixelking RCBB rossiter roundtheworld rscott360 RUPERT siclews sniffer spiritofwales Thomsk woody