This thread is being watched by 2 people
OldMaster is off-line
19 November 2014 05:43
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

How many weeks have I been looking at the same ps masthead pictures? I would've thought that there must be new pictures added to the site everyday that are worthy of display? Possibly an indicator as to why so many are migrating to other sites?

marlham is off-line
19 November 2014 07:12
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I've just flicked through the image uploads as far back as 10th November and couldn't find anything that particularly jumped off the page as being any better than what's there already. So perhaps people just need to upload better images and maybe then the rotations will happen much more quickly

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2014 07:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from marlhamphoto
I've just flicked through the image uploads as far back as 10th November and couldn't find anything that particularly jumped off the page as being any better than what's there already. So perhaps people just need to upload better images and maybe then the rotations will happen much more quickly

Exactly.

I'd rather they left it alone than to simply be forced to upload stuff that's mediocre.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Geoff Hiles is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2014 07:34
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

That's a very biased opinion stating that some images are mediocre, the poster who stated this is obviously saying that their images are the only way that images should be taken. All photographer's have their own style which should be accepted and shown. Therefore images should be rotated regularly to give credit to the photographers and models who take the time to take and upload images. 
Regards. Geoff. (Studio1)

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 November 2014 07:35
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RedChecker
Exactly.

I'd rather they left it alone than to simply be forced to upload stuff that's mediocre.

Mediocre?  laughwink

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

19 November 2014 08:10
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Studio1
All photographer's have their own style which should be accepted and shown.

Thankfully the site's owners seem to think otherwise.

There's an awful lot of stuff that gets uploaded that could tarnish the image of the site and put people off visiting.  It was, afterall one of the reasons that Net-Model died as they allowed all images to be shown and a majority of them were cheap/sleazy GWC-style images that people really don't want to see or even be associated with (one photographer in particular joined there and simply flooded the image feed day-in, day-out with his crap/sleazy/reader's wives style images and ensured a rapid decline in membership).

Is it snobbery?  to a degree yes, I will admit that.
Is it justified?  Absolutely!
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

19 November 2014 09:41
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Why Thankfully? This is a very self opinionated comment. This means the site is favouring the few and not how it should be by showing diversity. The favoured few who always have images super glued on the main screen are obviously happy with the present arrangement. It may be time to remove this facility as it is not working and is to say the least extremely biased. Possibly bring in a paid facility so the photographers who feel they are so much above the lowly photographers could have this facility to themselves at a yearly fee of say £1000.00 and this would guarantee them total use of this facility. The original poster is correct in his comment that the images do not change very often and some keep reappearing week after week. Come on Purestorm get your act together and stop being biased and unprofessional and show a diversity of work by a lot more photographers.

Profile Pictures is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2014 09:42
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Though there is some amusement to the concept of allowing a free for all with images, for instance another site has a competition called AvsB which used to raise a smile in the brief period I was a member there ( hmm 'A' sleazy profilepictures is a naughty person badly modelled and shot VS 'B' awkwardly posed snapshot of someone's auntie with her growler out?) I don't think it's clever to subject the inadvertent visitor to the worst of what passes as photography and modelling here. Let's at least cling to the notion that there are a few reliable models here who might be approached for a shoot if the hobbyist photographer has any spare cash and time. Every other notion is now somewhat diminished.

19 November 2014 09:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Studio1
It may be time to remove this facility as it is not working

Says who?

I suggest you read my post again as to the reasons a free-for-all isn't a good idea.  The 'everone's a winner' attitude does nobody any favours in any walk of life.

19 November 2014 09:53
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Said I and my opinion is as valid as the next. For some time there has been a bias to certain models and especially some photographers.

The original posters comments are still very accurate and correct and in my opinion this lack of variety could cause Purestom some issues.

This is my last comment on this issue and I still feel if Purestorm does not get its act together and by showing the same images day in day out it could do the site a lot of harm. 

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Abbi92 Falcker666 Jeffjeeb2 joelipo95 Nikkilee RobieX tim xamberx Xgreeneyesx
alta_igor Antony13 bninja bradder carshaltonkev cliffc dbphotography djb1 freddie Galaxypro HowardJ jackcalling James7799 Keithhendy kimsandman2 MIB Philski skinz Thunder_Photos tigerman urbano
tim