marlham is off-line
19 November 2014 08:57
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Let's face it - the bar for getting an image in the front page banner isn't particularly high at the moment (no offence intended to anybody who might have an image in there just now). Anybody who's been around for a year or two ought to be capable of uploading an image or three that's pretty much guaranteed to get in there. So that's good isn't it - it's pretty much an open goal at the moment. Just a little application and good taste required to reap whatever benefits are conveyed by having an image in there.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2014 08:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's not a bias towards certain people, it's a bias towards a certain level of quality.

Run-on-the-mill glamour & images akin to just being 'snaps' simply aren't going to do the site any favours and are simply left out. And for models you want good posing, not just some girl stood there like a sack of spuds with a face like a slapped arse.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 November 2014 09:22
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from RedChecker
It's not a bias towards certain people, it's a bias towards a certain level of quality. Run-on-the-mill glamour & images akin to just being 'snaps' simply aren't going to do the site any favours and are simply left out. And for models you want good posing, not just some girl stood there like a sack of spuds with a face like a slapped arse.

Yeah I'm glad the homepage isn't cluttered up with cringeworthy tack.
If I want to see that I can go onto the "known" cringeworthy tack photographers pages and look/laugh.

I don't really pay much attention to the homepage, ocassionally will spot an image I like enough to pop over to the owners portfolio to leave a comment and if thats the "intended" purpose then its doing its job just fine.

CGW is off-line
19 November 2014 13:16
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from RedChecker
It's not a bias towards certain people, it's a bias towards a certain level of quality.

Run-on-the-mill glamour & images akin to just being 'snaps' simply aren't going to do the site any favours and are simply left out. And for models you want good posing, not just some girl stood there like a sack of spuds with a face like a slapped arse.

+ 1 to that

I could be wrong, I thought the banner images were selected from paying members uploads "at random" from a pre-approved pool. There was problems in the past with some folk deliberately not tagging images appropriately so the pool of images couldn't be selected automatically, so if you're going to have manual intervention you may as well pick the better stuff.

G Jack B is off-line
20 November 2014 03:48
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

+1 @Redchecker & @Chrissie_Red

If one of my uploads ever made the FP then it would mean something - rather then just because I uploaded a pic. I enjoy seeing aspirational images rather than a page of "maybe" shots. I often see a model who I would like to work with and follow up.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

SimonB is off-lineGold Member
20 November 2014 13:00
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Essex
Epping

I hope you all know you've made me cry as I uploaded four images last week and none of them made it to banner. I always thought I was unlucky but now I know I'm just rubbish.

Still shooting tomorrow so try again.
I got the secret to happiness from the back of a bleach bottle - "Stand upright in a cool place"

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
23 November 2014 18:56
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Well its three days since the last comment on this subject and all the images on the front page are all the same,ive checked out more images that were uploaded today-sunday & yesterday,i feel some are vastly better than some that are still up..maybe the issue is that there arent enough ppl to change the photos?,is it down once a week? cant be daily...can it........answers on a postcard to :- purestorm etc etc...

Vinny V is off-lineGold Member
23 November 2014 19:02
vinman30
Photographer

Lancashire
Blackpool

Quote from marlhamphoto
I've just flicked through the image uploads as far back as 10th November and couldn't find anything that particularly jumped off the page as being any better than what's there already. So perhaps people just need to upload better images and maybe then the rotations will happen much more quickly

I just did the same and Bar a few exceptions ( which i can count on one hand ) I have to agree, IMHO of course....

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
FirstLifePhotography GYMSTAR Photojoe670 traius zbojan