Adware / PUP Problem

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
29 May 2015 07:11
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi,
I am having problems with an unwanted attempt to install Adware/PUP on my PC, this programme is called BrowseFox-h
McAfee will not let me quarantine it and shows the pathway a C/ProgramDate/ with the reference 51603d73-31f4-a43e-5b71fef2ce15/plugincontainer.exe
Going to this I cannot delete it as it shows open in another programme.
Does anyone know how to remove this item safely?
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 May 2015 07:32
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Windows Restore can help if it's suddenly appeared after installing some program you've downloaded (lots of freeware/shareware come with spyware nowadays), although you're reliant on having a recent restore file.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

29 May 2015 08:11
jtdphoto
Photographer

Go back to your last restore point, then install a good anti virus program

marlham is off-line
29 May 2015 08:45
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Give ADWCleaner a try.

And then let Trend Micro HouseCall give your system a once over:

Chris is off-line
29 May 2015 11:20
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from KevinJS
Hi,
I am having problems with an unwanted attempt to install Adware/PUP on my PC, this programme is called BrowseFox-h
McAfee will not let me quarantine it and shows the pathway a C/ProgramDate/ with the reference 51603d73-31f4-a43e-5b71fef2ce15/plugincontainer.exe
Going to this I cannot delete it as it shows open in another programme.
Does anyone know how to remove this item safely?

I had this type of problem too. McAfee on my computer, it's no good. I did a restore, back to a date few months ago, it's fine now. But that's on my to do list. Get rid of McAfee, for something else.

Simon Chan is off-line
29 May 2015 12:36
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

If you are in a network domain server ie at work, a system restore might not work in that it could break your trust relationship even though your network admin can rejoin you it might messes up their server.

You could try boot up via safe mode and delete the offending file. Failing that boot off via a WinPE disk using DOS console and delete it. Failing that take your hard disk out and mount it onto a USB hard drive caddie, connect to another computer and delete the file.

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 May 2015 12:42
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/win32-browsefox-g-removal/

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/remove-browsefox-virus-removal-guide.html
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
29 May 2015 14:52
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi All,
ADW did the trick £67.00 and 90 minutes PC is like new , well worth it

Once again thanks to all for your help

Kevin
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Simon Chan is off-line
29 May 2015 15:01
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Please to know ADW sorted it for you but you need not really have to spend £67. Seems like a pretty straight forward spam, reason I say this is the more problematic ones would be more malignant and would not be so easily picked up and cleansed by a software scanner.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann Kikii_to
Jamesfitzpatrick jayp1 johnmichael skinz Thunder_Photos