Reminder Secure

recommendations for rechargeable batteries?

w4pictures is off-line
14 October 2015 18:51
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Ansmann all the way

Moorlane is off-line
16 October 2015 15:24
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Amazon do white rechargeables 1900mAH but the charger says ' charge current 1000 mAh ' is that right ?

w4pictures is off-line
18 October 2015 08:33
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

The maximum charging current will determine how long a charger takes to charge a battery fully. The balance between charging current and applied voltage will vary for lead acid, NiCd and NiMH batteries during the charging cycle.

The usual rule applies with any battery - if you're going to stick it in an expensive item, its worth getting a good battery, i.e. one with a brand track record and preferably with a guarantee against leakage.

Kizer is off-lineSilver Member
18 October 2015 13:17
Kizer
Photographer
Kizer
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I had these from Amazon------ Eneloop 2450mah pro----No BK-3HCCE/4BE AA/mignon pack of four there not cheap just under a tenner per pack of 4.

I use MAHA charger model No---MH-C801D

It charges up to 8 cells conditions them and does fast 1hour or slow charge this is also not cheap

If you buy good cells you don't want a cheap charger that knackers them up in twelve months.

Shop around for best prices.

I kept away from eBay because of the cheap copies you can get.

best of luck

23 October 2015 04:32
dansmith
Photographer

Another vote from me for the Eneloop Pro's. They're hands down the best batteries I've used. I've tried the Powerex 2700mah, and they're not bad...but no as good as the loops.
Another +1 for the Maha Charger, too.

rob_s57 is off-line
18 May 2016 17:02
rob_s57
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Manchester

I got hold of 16 of the 7 day shop's alleged own brand AA batteries - they are called 2900 which sort of implies that they are 2900maH but if you read carefully they are 2700maH.
I charged mine up and put them in my flashguns. I have a Metz 58 AF2 mounted on the camera set to manual and I also have two old Vivitar 285's on optical sensors. The Metz is directed straight to the ceiling and the 285's are mounted on small tripods and can be moved around and I sometimes set one of them to half power - sometimes a quarter.
With the 7 day shop batteries fully charged the recycle time was the fastest I have ever known and I took over 150 shots before they even looked like slowing down.
After a recharge they were brilliant again.
I do not know how many charges I will get from them but so far I have to say I am very impressed.

HowardJ is off-line
20 May 2016 15:56
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from w4pictures
Ansmann all the way

+1

www.jonathantennantphotography.co.uk is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2016 07:23
jonathantennant
Photographer

Surrey
chertsey

Eneloop ....... the best IMO

diipii is off-line
13 January 2017 07:21
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

You asked about best performance not price and Duracell Ultras at 2500 Mah are the best.
It only happens all the time.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
13 January 2017 09:11
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from diipii
You asked about best performance not price and Duracell Ultras at 2500 Mah are the best.

He asked in October 2015 do you not think he will have this sorted by now!
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
adolfohdz charlie91 emmawillis JenNev Nicoletoone Paige_hendrix
ad360photo antoinewynn benny1 copperbronze djb1 Dolayley GerryS2 James7799 jbdefty keltica Kjoservices Mharris michaelhoward mike0048 mikebee modjo30 NigelAdams philippahh Pixeleight8 skymouse stevegosh thelook wbasset
harbourstudio