JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
31 December 2015 13:29
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Plymjack
I have updated over 20 users to win 10 - ONLY issue I have found is that windows " mail" stops working and cannot be exported over easily. Other wise the only issues is with web based programs and that dont work with edge so the user reverts to using previous IE. Win 8 was a pain, Win 8.1 was ok, Win 10 is fine...

Having spoken to a friend who is a bit of a computer expert, I think I realise what I have done wrong. laugh

I will download Windows 10 again when I have a few free hours. cheeky

It's a shame about Windows mail.

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Carlos is off-line
03 January 2016 06:25
carlosw
Photographer

Wiltshire
Devizes

I'm no PC expert and am pretty lame on all things technological. I 'upgraded' to 10 from 7 about 3 months ago. At first everything went swimmingly though I could see any benefits except for an 'outlook-lite' mail function. (I also got quite a shock when all my images started to rotate on my home screen apparently unbidden. Even when mode to the hard drive they continued seemingly driven by 'one drive' whatever that is.

Then one day All my mail disappeared. When I tried to reload it gave me a long error message. I followed the instructions to fix it from the Microsoft community the mail didn't come back and all my tiles emptied including images!

I followed the instructions to see if I could fix the next error message but after virtually a whole day I as still missing everything.

So I have 10 with none of its 'benefits' but at least Cortana has disappeared too...yay!

I am back to short cuts to mail and getting my images when I need them...except now the faculty which allows you to double-click on a thumbnail to enlarge had disappeared to be left with error 0xlx. Oh well.....

If you are still on 7 stick with it as long as you can....I may uninstall 10 and start again.

Any other ideas I can try other than my friendly neighbourhood geek?

Carl

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 January 2016 06:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The golden rule with anything computer related....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So if you're happily running Windows 7, why tempt fate?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Doug Ross is off-line
03 January 2016 09:36
DougRossPhotographic
Photographer
DougRossPhotographic
Central
Falkirk

Still using Vista - bit of a sod in that I can't use LightRoom - or purchase a legit earlier version that works with Vista - but other than that - fairly happy with the Operating System. Doug
Smile.......'Today is the first day of the rest of your life!'

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
01 March 2016 05:46
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Just a Quick update..........Yes ive managed to bypass windows 10...I managed to get my computer expert to update my windows to windows 7 pro that i had before. Cause im a useless computer guy and at the time was suffering very negative thoughts which effected my competence and confidence to upload the correct items,my IT guy remotely accessed my laptop and did it from his home..Was amazing to watch as i could see exactly what he was doing...
Now my laptop is working as it was before and dont get annoying win10 prompts..
Thanks to everyone who gave advice and responded to my dilemma

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sacha4creative
bengie david1500 gperl jccj1 Kentrichuk MIB mlp PhilStorm powerbook92 sniffer warnie Willjamieson
barlowstudios