Welcome all advice/constructive criticism of my portfolio please x

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 January 2016 18:21
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Too many pictures in your port right now, many look very similar. Its good enough to show you can look brilliant at your best though. Certainly I'd noted your stuff before now and if your levels were a match, would have seriously considered a booking.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
18 January 2016 19:44
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

There's no denying you look fantastic but the port needs more variety. Too much horse stuff and the selfies if indeed that's what they are somehow lessen the port.

marlham is off-line
19 January 2016 05:26
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I think you look fab. I agree with the comment about there being way too many horsey photos for a number of reasons - probably best to thin them out dramatically.

Biggest thing for me though is the apparent gulf in your modelling ability between these two images:

http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1521185&u=Carmen_Rox

http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1540185&u=Carmen_Rox

I have no doubt that a lot of it is due to the different competencies of the photographers themselves but I think having demonstrated that you're capable of producing images which would knock most other models on this site and others for six it's a shame you don't have more to show at that level and ditch the less accomplished work.

Good luck

20 January 2016 15:29
Carmen_Rox
Model

Thank you all!!

Those two pics that were listed by marlhamphoto were my first ever shoot and my most recent shoot, about 6 years difference.
The horse shoot wasn't a proper photographer, just a friend with a camera as I needed some updated images that weren't 5 years old.

Hoping to get a lot more variety this year

Havoc is off-line
21 January 2016 06:57
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

You look great as it is, but could easily loose 80% of your port and present a stronger image.

Martin Lee is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2016 08:50
richardmlee
Photographer

Surrey
EPSOM

As a model, you look really good, nice skin and hair. The portfolio is a little repetitive and needs some variation. You're a very attractive young lady and should be able to get bookings, but do try to update your folio with a better variety of images - very best of luck

phlip  (as in, flip) is off-lineGold Member
02 February 2016 04:04
phlip
Photographer

Worcestershire
Nr. Kidderminster

Opinions will always vary but, for me there are some great images but also some abysmal ones.

The latter are more about the lack of care from the photographer rather than yourself as model.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
02 February 2016 06:06
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Really nice lingerie shots!

AGS is off-line
02 February 2016 06:24
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Opinions are personal to each person that gives or receives them. they are also like nipples, we all have one or two... or more if you're related to Scaramanga (don't ask) lol. I offer these guidelines.

Try to show:
All, or your main levels of work.
Headshot (with and without makeup), as a model you are a blank canvas to decorate.
Torso up shot, full length shot, front and back.
Your best images to date.
If you have selfies, replace them as soon as you can.
Show variety and flexibility, not 20 images from one photoset.
Different lighting styles if possible.
Show / be honest about body mods and tats.
You can emote.

Don't:
Furrow your brow, look moody unless asked for, duck pout.
Put TF, and then list your rates.
If rates, be sensible about them in relation to your experience, skill, knowledge

Do:
Be clear with terms: If your terms are reasonable, you will attract the right kind of photographer.

Advice:
I would ditch some of the equine shoots, you are the model, not the horsy
Good shots so far, the selection just needs fine tuning, and adding to.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
roxsanniebel ryansd
Daddylonglense davidn dorrian eosfan geoffmarchant imageatthemill Images1854 jccj1 lify mlp Mwphotos plymjack powerbook92 Reynard scott24 stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt talldave68 vjmatt wayne Willjamieson