Andy is off-line
22 January 2016 15:05
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/end-the-bbc-licence-fee

If you agree with paying 3.1 million to the trust chairman Rona Fairhead is value for money
if you agree to a culture that protected a world class peadophile
if you agree that this is just another tax on the public
if you agree its wrong for the poor to pay
if you agree they should compete on the open market as any other broadcaster does
if you agree it is wrong that non payment of license fees make up 9% of all court appearences

follow this if your curious of  the bbc salaries lists
http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/insidethebbc/managementstructure/biographies/

lets get shootin

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2016 18:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Why shouldn't the poor pay?

If they can afford 60" TVs, they can bloody well afford the licence fee like the rest of us.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2016 19:37
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from RedChecker
Why shouldn't the poor pay?

If they can afford 60" TVs, they can bloody well afford the licence fee like the rest of us.

Its the benefits that tax payers have to foot that pays for them.

Profile Pictures is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2016 19:47
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I don't agree, there would be no radio 4 or attenburgh on a commercial channel.

Preswylfa is off-line
23 January 2016 05:22
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

I haven't had a TV for the last 19 years, the same time I gave up smoking.
I found it harder to give up the TV.
Then there's BBC iPlayer if you really want to watch real life as portrayed in Eastenders or Coronation Street.
How's Dirty Den getting on these days?

Mike.

AGS is off-line
23 January 2016 08:37
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

When I got Sky it was a revelation from the standard channels, over time it waned, the number of adverts increased per ad break... then you were getting ads straight after a show's intro, on top of banners at the bottom, channel logo's top left, what on next, check this AndyGStudios is a naughty person out on the other side, breaking news, lottery blah blah blah - all too much for me. I ditched tv in 2006.

Didn't stop them continually harassing me to buy a license though. According to the last letter I have 10 days to buy one... or else. I rang em up to invite em round, none of this 10 days crap, where anyone with a brain will remove gear till they have been... as per the appointment they set for themselves regardless of your input. #Nothingtohide - got someone in the area ? send em now... i'll put the kettle on.

They declined.

I say scrap it. More trouble than it's worth, it's only a subscription payment for the BEEB anyway once you take away their responsibilities under the communications act. They do like being really heavy handed though, and remain a threatening and faceless entity... with tactics not unlike a loan-shark, saying you owe them when you do't, or they 'send the boys' round.

They put me through to customer service, I told CS I was at the wrong dept, i'm not a customer... that went down well Have you got a manager ? no, a supervisor... no, a name ? no... handy that...

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
23 January 2016 11:14
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think its a bit like democracy. Works terribly but in the end the least worse option available. Yes there is pap I would rather do without like Eastenders but there are also far more programs I find to enjoy in comparison to any other channel. Plus what is my Pap is something that gives others enjoyment and visa versa.

It does need a damn good shake up though in terms of a mass cull of middle management meddlers who add nothing of worth.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Anthonygh is off-lineSilver Member
24 January 2016 06:30
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from RedChecker
Why shouldn't the poor pay? If they can afford 60" TVs, they can bloody well afford the licence fee like the rest of us.

Do the poor have 60" screens? Your evidence is.....? I only ask as I know several less well off families and not one has a screen that size. In fact I don't know anyone, rich or poor, that does.

modjo30 is off-line
25 January 2016 03:36
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Cambridgeshire
st neots

Of course it should be scrapped, if you have Virgin/Sky/Free view/Free sat then the % of actual BBC channels is tiny, yet you still have to pay the BBC even if you only want to watch every channel except BBC, which isn't fair, people should have the choice.
If i want Sky Movies then i have to pay for it, i don't want them i don't pay for them,the BBC should be the same.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
25 January 2016 03:47
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I believe a large portion of the licence fee actually goes to major sporting events (Olympics, World Cup etc. which cost hundreds of £millions for the rights to broadcast) and so scrapping the licence fee would inevitably remove these from being free to view and people will likely have to resort to buying (expensive) sports channel subscriptions.

I suspect a majority of people would not want that and as a result it makes the licence fee seem relatively good value for money.

IMO, the licence fee is worth it for advert-free TV alone. Channels like SKY's (and others on there like FOX, ABC etc.) are absolutely dreadful for endless adverts every five minutes, despite the fact you actually pay a premium for those channels.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

42 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Bayley Blondie1984 Chelsea_farley12 Chezibabe99 chosin Hollyrose joanajord14 ladysextasy Paris Sarahkawaiilondon Softgentle tashaholz v_laing
analog azurphotos covergirlpix davebarcs Davie46 djb1 dorrian elwood fannmore Gabby_d GProductions Ianmcculloch jayfish Joeycatina johntisbury Kjoservices londonglamourtog Mattcairns modelboutique Nebster555 Nik_bryant paulp_60 peteb photogenica photon skymouse Stuh wacTony
chosin