This thread is being watched by 1 person
Brian Southam Photography is off-line
13 February 2016 06:08
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi All
I have been contacted by a art gallery in London about a 2-week show great! Have any off you don this at all please? Have you paid the gallery if they invited you to show please ( I do know you can rent there space if you approach them)?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Brian

diipii is off-line
14 February 2016 10:52
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

I had a show at The Photographer's Gallery, London and The Untitled Gallery in Sheffield years ago. No money changed hands either way as I recall. I would have a very objective look at this "gallery"' and its intentions.
It only happens all the time.

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
14 February 2016 13:11
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

if they approached you was it what i'd call a sales pitch ?

i.e. they are drumming up business renting out their space.

if its going to be free to you, are there percentages on sales that are reasonable ?

if all that looks clean and acceptable to you then why not.

make sure you understand all/any business term up front. if nothing is mentioned,
then mention it yourself, and have a contract letter drawn up, a letter of understandings.

good luck and i hope it all works out for the best

14 February 2016 14:45
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Diipil
Was you a member of the Photographers Gallery in London please? I things have change up there they moved and now charging to go into the shows!:-(

Thanks for the feed back! It A great help!

Best regards
Brian

14 February 2016 14:54
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi Alexcraford
Yes it sure is a sales pitch! I am bit worried as there are bit out off the way! Also i not sure how may are show and in what media too? I have asked!

I did contact some the arts there and did get some feed back from them which is handy!:-)

I did get some terms out off them which cool!

Thanks for your feed back it great help!

Best regards
Brian

diipii is off-line
31 March 2016 10:34
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Quote from Brian2008
Diipil
Was you a member of the Photographers Gallery in London please? I things have change up there they moved and now charging to go into the shows!:-(

Thanks for the feed back! It A great help!

Best regards
Brian

I just walked through their front door with my work undr my arm and asked to see someone about having a show.

It only happens all the time.

Paul Riddell is off-line
31 March 2016 12:08
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

OK, a] you shouldn't be paying them. Quite honestly they can do that with any sucker, don't care about quality of work or sales. Paying them pays their rent.

Instead they should be paying you and / or taking a percentage of sales. They should also be promoting your display.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

01 April 2016 03:45
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Thanks for the feed back Guys!:-)

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chelsea_farley12 Kimmikitsch viennaplumplove
AndiCallen cliffc darimages duncanjames duncanpritchard grahamsphotography high_octane Ian_Wilson Iconoclast lysander Rhadamanthus Rumpofsteelskin Valdefernce Zakwindsor