Reminder Secure

Profiles Viewable By Members Only

02 March 2016 14:24
Astra_Pure
Model

I am a member of various modelling sites. On the others, it is possible to set your profile so that it is viewable by members only. This would be a very worthwhile addition to the basic Purestorm feature list - probably one you have been asked for many times. So, can we have that, please? Regards, Astra

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
09 December 2016 12:39
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

You can already do this with a certain number of images. But yes I take your point it would be nice to be able to only have members only view your profile.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

11 December 2016 11:26
Astra_Pure
Model

Hi. You say that it is possible to make certain images viewable by members only. I cannot see how to do this, so could you tell me where to find the instructions please? Thanks, Astra

Paul Manuell is off-lineSilver Member
11 December 2016 11:57
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Cornwall

When logged in, click on 'Images' in the menu near the top of the page; this brings up all your images. Click on the 'Edit' box below each image, then the relevant box (3rd one down from memory) to make your image private, ie., only viewable by logged in members. Bit tedious if you've got loads of images you want to do this to as, I think, it can only be done individually, not to loads of images in one fell swoop.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
11 December 2016 12:40
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
Click on the 'Edit' box below each image, then the relevant box (3rd one down from memory) to make your image private, ie., only viewable by logged in members.

I think that might be one of the additional functions made available to paying members.
Bob

Emz is off-lineSilver Member
27 December 2016 13:07
GymnastEnPointe
Model

Lincolnshire
Peterborough

I agree with this, it'd be handy to be able to hide your profile from non members.

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
27 December 2016 15:51
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Not something I want, happy for "jo public" to view my images without being members
When going through Hell don't stop!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 December 2016 16:22
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Biggles485
Not something I want, happy for "jo public" to view my images without being members

The idea isn't to force it on anyone, but simply give each and every member the choice as to whether or not their profiles are publicly viewable.

It's also more understandable that models would want this for various reasons.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
28 December 2016 13:32
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Quote from RedChecker
The idea isn't to force it on anyone, but simply give each and every member the choice as to whether or not their profiles are publicly viewable.

It's also more understandable that models would want this for various reasons.

I can understand this as I work with a number of models who only work with me and are in professions such as School Teachers that would not accept modelling images, but then I have an agreement with that person that no images are used, I get a unique shoot whilst they get a portfolio to suit their taste safe in the knowledge their images are theirs.

My thoughts is if a model or photographer doesn't want an image viewed by anyone outside this community then don't post it as anything can easily be copied or printed

If I'm doing a paid shoot with a model unless I have a prior agreement with that model I get to use the images as I see fit, as I said previously not what I would use as I stick by any promises made before a shoot

When going through Hell don't stop!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 December 2016 03:00
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Biggles485
My thoughts is if a model or photographer doesn't want an image viewed by anyone outside this community then don't post it as anything can easily be copied or printed

While that holds true for everyone, allowing profiles to be viewable by site members only would give slightly more protection than not having it at all, and at the very least would filter out the majority of stalking fans.

The privacy settings would only apply to the model's profile, it will not affect your ability to display images you've taken of them if they do activate it.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

48 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson Candykisses chosin Claireb1 dramaqueen Dyce Harleypage Kayleigh94 Krystald mandymack paige_hendrix Pippitsquips viennaplumplove
antoinewynn Avanti Blue_Hummingbird Cole96 conceptOL9 CPPhoto Davelefant Davetse donaldmac firsttake fotokarl HowardJ hylander IainT iestyn Johnathons kaosrox kjcphotography Kjoservices mlp modelboutique Mr_Nikon natkins oro peteb philippahh philstorm RupertRudd soulc spiritofwales Stoker Tejay two_stops xxlysonsxx zbojan
chosin