Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
29 December 2016 09:57
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Quote from RedChecker
While that holds true for everyone, allowing profiles to be viewable by site members only would give slightly more protection than not having it at all, and at the very least would filter out the majority of stalking fans.

The privacy settings would only apply to the model's profile, it will not affect your ability to display images you've taken of them if they do activate it.

Fair enough but if talking about "stalking fans" then it brings into consideration tagging images, giving references etc as it doesn't take a generous to follow a link from a model via the photographer / Mua whoever to view those images, so back to my original point if a model doesn't want images used or seen do not post them!

If others want that facility then as long as it doesn't affect me no worries but I still don't see the need as I thought a model wanted to be seen, stalking on the other hand is a different matter and if bad needs to be investigated by the law
When going through Hell don't stop!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 December 2016 17:13
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Biggles485
Fair enough but if talking about "stalking fans" then it brings into consideration tagging images, giving references etc as it doesn't take a generous to follow a link from a model via the photographer / Mua whoever to view those images, so back to my original point if a model doesn't want images used or seen do not post them!

If others want that facility then as long as it doesn't affect me no worries but I still don't see the need as I thought a model wanted to be seen, stalking on the other hand is a different matter and if bad needs to be investigated by the law

*sigh*  I merely used stalking as an example and not in a criminal/danger way but more of them being a nuisance,  but regardless of the reasons someone feels this feature is in their interests to have member-only visibility then who are we to judge?  It does seem utterly beyond your comprehension that anyone could genuinely want this.

Bear in mind many other modelling sites have this facility in place.  Again, it's down to each individual member if they wish to activate it or not, it's really no big deal and I fail to see why you're so opposed to it.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Coven LillieM prettypolly Winterlilly
ad360photo Andy_B apaul Brightonagent BudRudesill ByrdArtist chriscooze claypaws D_H_P ellessephotography eosfan fannmore Johnathons johntisbury Ladiesman LGMPhotographic liteangle Musicman pellium Platidonio steves zzdigital
chosin