Reminder Secure

Free software! NIK collection

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Anthonygh is off-line
26 March 2016 03:44
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This looks like a good deal: http://petapixel.com/2016/03/24/googles-150-nik-collection-photo-editing-software-now-100-free/

Steve Walsh is off-line
27 March 2016 07:06
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I cant resist a freebie, and its good stuff too! Thanks anthonyh!

AGS is off-line
27 March 2016 07:11
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I saw a free topaz collection too, oh wait though... that was a torrent - hehehe...

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
27 March 2016 09:09
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The sad thing is that far from being generous this is just Google quietly dumping the product. Originally they only bought up the company for Snapseed, promptly sacking most of the developers. Now having decided they have no use for the other program after all they are now throwing the rest in the trash.

Microsoft did much the same with a highly regarded image cataloging software a few years back. These big boys don't give a stuff about the loyal customer base these little companies build up.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 March 2016 10:23
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from redbaron
The sad thing is that far from being generous this is just Google quietly dumping the product.

Indeed.  Only recently they also announced the dumping of Picasa which I use all the time in work as a quick/free cataloguing tool.  Aparently they're making all their software web /server-side based for ease of use for Joe Public (ie. Watered down functionality)
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
28 March 2016 08:55
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from redbaron
Microsoft did much the same with a highly regarded image cataloging software a few years back.

What was it called ? Don't recall any such software from MS.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment ChloeT chosin inversexpression lett66 MercedesScouse paige_hendrix
ad360photo alt andyritchie bob claypaws cliffc david1500 diphoto doughnut Flipcourt GerryS2 gilespj iestyn Kjoservices modelboutique modelimaging moritz78 Musicman rayhaslam spiritofwales steveh32 Thunder_Photos timbham willysmb
chosin