Reminder Secure

Question for Mac users.

Anthonygh is off-line
11 May 2016 16:24
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

My HD is partitioned into two. One has the OS I normally use (images etc are stored on an external HD). I use the second partition to experiment with.

Earlier today I cloned my 'main' OS partition to the second partition...then upgraded it to El Capitan...which I am using at the moment to see how it goes.

My feeling is everything is working a lot faster. Anyone else using El Capitan...and if so, any observations?

Dave Beasley is off-line
11 May 2016 16:40
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Can't say for sure that speed increases are solely down to the OS as I've also replaced the boot / applications disk with an SSD and installed another SSD as Lightroom scratch disk, but certainly LR and CS6CC run very well.

Roger Vaughan is off-line
11 May 2016 19:20
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

I installed El Capitan on day 1. Speed increase? Haven't noticed one but my iMac is way over the hill unfortunately.
Roger Vaughan

Roy Nelson is off-line
12 June 2016 16:16
Hollywood3DPhoto
Photographer

California
West Hollywood

I have a newer Mac (mid 2014) running 10.10 Yosmite. When I upgraded to El Capitan, I lost too many applications and via the Time Machine retreated back to Yosmite.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
12 June 2016 16:51
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I upgraded to El Capitan (Mac book Pro) no problems no programs or apps lost. After a short acclimatisation I prefer El Capitan over all previous operating systems, I think it has speeded up some applications, not 'night and day' but noticeable.

Matthew G is off-line
19 July 2016 10:57
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from Hollywood3DPhoto
I have a newer Mac (mid 2014) running 10.10 Yosmite. When I upgraded to El Capitan, I lost too many applications and via the Time Machine retreated back to Yosmite.

Think i will stay whete i am then! Thanks :-) quite happy with yosmite.

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine michelledefeo1
AhmedAshour Auctioneer BOBREEVES darimages dave@studio99 Lssm2 peterh rod_m99 whitepython