Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E6

Dave Beasley is off-line
13 June 2016 11:17
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Anyone use a WFT-E6 with an EOS 1D-X MK1?

Considering buying one and interested to hear of anyone who has actual experience of owning and using one.

Thanks

Dave

panda49 is off-line
14 June 2016 02:49
panda49
Photographer

London
London/Birmingham

why spend so much use an eyefi card 10th the price

Dave Beasley is off-line
14 June 2016 03:20
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from panda49

I have three eye-fi cards, admittedly at least two/three years old but find them erratic and a little unreliable, and (at the time) not recommended for use with CF card adapter, so all in all not really very good with a 1D-X - but let's be fair, I haven't tried the latest cards/CF adapter.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 June 2016 03:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from panda49

Canon's 1D series cameras are metal-bodied which likely makes them suffer a 'faraday cage' effect when it comes to using an Eye-Fi card.

Transfer rates on the genuine transmitters are likely much faster as well as a far greater range too.  Besides, if the OP can afford a 1DX, I'm pretty sure cost isn't a consideration.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

panda49 is off-line
14 June 2016 04:04
panda49
Photographer

London
London/Birmingham

I was one of the beat testers for EyeFi in Europe I now use latest Fye fi mobi cards in both my Canon D1mkIV s with great success the issue maybe using them with a CF sleeve which has always slowed them down.

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2016 04:41
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

I use (and have done for the past 8 years, many 10's of thousands of images) the wft on my 1DsMk111. In that time it has performed flawlessly popping up images to the computer quickly and reliably (RAW to card 1 and small jpegs to card 2 and the WFT system). I expect the wft for the 1DX will be at least as good and hopefully not quite as difficult to set up. Once you have used wireless tethering you will not want to revert to a cable as I have found with my Sony A7R11.

However the wft system is costly and you may consider that a camranger can deliver what you want at a fraction of the price. I use one of these as well and it also does what it says on the tin!

Hope this helps

Matthew G is off-line
21 June 2016 18:43
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from jpv
 you may consider that a camranger can deliver what you want at a fraction of the price. I use one of these as well and it also does what it says on the tin! Hope this helps

You might want to consider a DSLR Controller. It uses a TP Link box which The Camranger uses identical hardware but it's a fraction of the price of of A Amranger too. You'll need an Android phone / Tablet. The TP link just fits on your hotshoe and plugs in to your mini usb socket on the side of your Camera.  Google DSLR Controller.... Should cost you no more than £50. 

Paul Riddell is off-line
22 June 2016 05:20
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Eye-fi cards are rubbish, unreliable, slow.

I know loads of photographer, including myself who have invested in one, and in the end we all use tether cables.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 June 2016 05:52
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from riddell
Eye-fi cards are rubbish, unreliable, slow. I know loads of photographer, including myself who have invested in one, and in the end we all use tether cables.

Or we use dedicated WiFi solutions (Y)
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
carshaltonkev Reflextv