Reminder Secure

Video software editing new to it and want to learn more!

Amy is off-line
17 July 2016 14:27
amyjess1
Model
amyjess1
South Yorkshire
sheffield

Hey lovely people !
Amy from Sheffield here!
I'm wanting to start a new hobby such as editing videos with software but I'm completely new to all this but want to learn the basics simply editing YouTube videos making little holiday videos you know that sort of thing I have a laptop but no idea where to start so any advice on this or teaching training would be muchly appreciated !
XXXX

KHV is off-line
18 July 2016 04:30
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

It's free and on your laptop or PC if it's pre Win10 but you can download it from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17779 Windows Movie Maker.

Unless it's changed, it only outputs as a WMV file but it does the job, and there are plenty of tutorials.

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
21 July 2016 15:36
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hey Amy,

How's Sheffield treating you with the current heat wave?

A great starter question and it sounds like you have some fun projects planned to get you started. I'm just curious if you are using a Windows or Mac laptop?

Tim.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

ChrisS is off-line
22 July 2016 02:24
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Windows Movie maker is certainly a good place to start, but if it's something you enjoy and want to be serious try Adobe Premiere Elements as a starting point - it's not too expensive and is fairly easy to learn.

Don't worry too much about file formats at this point such as WMV. While they are important for down the line I suspect that you're just wanting to make personal videos for yourself or to share on Social media in a non professional capacity so experiment and most important,y have fun. Video editing is part of my job so if you need any tips let me know.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
25 July 2016 07:09
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

And of course whatever video editing software you're using, you can always find plenty of video tutorials on YouTube etc.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 July 2016 13:15
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

I know Pinnacle Studio was a rather popular video editing tool too but Windows Movie Maker has come along way and it's at the best price, free!
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Chris is off-line
25 August 2016 18:07
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Apart from Adobe Premiere elements, I recommend Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13, as it's really user friendly and there are some good tuition videos on youtube, and it doesn't cost much. Windows movie maker is ok, but you can't do that much with it. Have fun.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_Cuffs Caz0054 Dian4yk Dinky_Rose miss_victoire StarkySteveB traceylain zzbruce49
belmez2000 Berkeleyboy BOBREEVES cliffc david_ballard Einstein jamesdelta john_at_tina_spice kfred kimsandman2 lester2705 lify michael_cameraman Photosareu Robski southernsnapper star_shots steveh32 stevew1 STUDIOMERLIN Tsteiner