Master of Photography

This thread is being watched by 1 person
AGS is off-line
28 July 2016 23:51
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Hot on the heels of Ink Master... and Skin Works...

http://petapixel.com/2016/07/08/master-photography-major-new-photo-competition-tv-show/

RKD Photographic is off-line
29 July 2016 11:44
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Former Army colleague Rupert Frere now through to round three...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Havoc is off-line
29 July 2016 14:18
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Saw ep2 last night.

It's like buying Waitrose fabric condition compared to Aldi fabric conditioner.

It's all posh but it's still the same damn carcrash reality tv.

Plus, I'd have punched that "famous" street photographer, guy was a Havocphotography is a naughty person .

29 July 2016 17:36
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Havocphotography
Saw ep2 last night. It's like buying Waitrose fabric condition compared to Aldi fabric conditioner. It's all posh but it's still the same damn carcrash reality tv. Plus, I'd have punched that "famous" street photographer, guy was a arkady001 is a naughty person .

That too. Obviously the contestants are prohibited from commenting publicly, but Rupert's not a happy bunny atm. Silly restrictions to make it 'more televisual' means it's more about TV ratings and less about photography... 

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
30 July 2016 15:11
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thing with most tv these days is choice,if don't like it,turn over or turn off.Will you be watching other episodes?.....
I'm intrigued into finding out what cameras are being used & the "special" software that their allowed to use.
Comments on series up to now-episode 1...Didn't feel Gina was worst altho I felt the other image as suggested by the guest judge was a better image for that task.The image of walls & a couple of paintings weren't (in my opinion)anything to do with the city in the brief.Episode 2-guest judge was very confrontational but yes that's tv,some image editing puzzled me but that's nowt new.

Great forum topic,hope brings lots comments in....

30 July 2016 17:27
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Well since it's sponsored by Leica and Peak Design, er... Leica cameras and Peak Design bags...

31 July 2016 10:19
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

I didn't know peak design bags did "special" software but just bags...."Arkady001" if you read my words properly you will see I asked about what cameras were used & not the manufacturer or sponsor.I read thru everything in the trailer and seen first 2 episodes but still haven't seen anything about Peak Design being a sponsor to the program...
Anybody know what editing software (not bags) were being used....

31 July 2016 11:16
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

*yawn* look closer then if you're so unbearably sad that you think it matters what cameras theyre using. It's written on the camera bodies. Freeze-frame works a treat.
The really important stuff - the EXIF - appears under the images as they're screened.

31 July 2016 11:41
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Many thanks for another informative reply.Never mind the *yawn*,I'm off to sleep........

Profile Pictures is off-line
31 July 2016 23:08
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

The forum's very own 'Hovis' strikes again.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Hazelstephens lawrenceadanion SuzyMonty
ad360photo colinpierce cygnet D_H_P david1500 dorrian Fluffypup FotoAuto Hotdrj HowardJ john_at_tina_spice Kphoto NigelAdams Phiesta1 Pictureimage Porlus Puremoods robsloane sammylhel siwalters smooth_image Snooper911 StuartCollinsPhoto studio1910 vicpics