Reminder Secure

Lightroom v Capture pro One

Penfold is off-line
04 August 2016 12:58
HBPhotos
Photographer

West Midlands
Tamworth

I need some help. I use lightroom 4 at moment and want to upgrade Now new lightroom is CC I dont want to pay each month for something in future if I stop paying for ill end up with nothing so im thinking about Capture pro OneAny one help me which way to go.
Many Thanks

04 August 2016 13:48
ash_t42
Photographer

You can buy the year in advance although I'd look at the photography package personally it's 80 for Lightroom and 110 for both photoshop and Lightroom

Dave Beasley is online
04 August 2016 15:47
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Not clear how we can help you - I use LightroomPhotoshop CC and think it's great. A colleague of mine swears by Capture One Pro. If you go for a standalone, you either face regular upgrades at a cost or you fall behind in functionality etc.

Personally I find Capture One harder to use but I haven't spent sufficient time learning.

Suggest you try trial periods on both and see which you find better to use and/or gives you better results, then you'll have to make a decision.

Dave

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 August 2016 01:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Like it or not, software rental is the future. I too am a LR4 user (along with Photoshop CS4) but am absolutely determined to keep it going as long as possible before finally biting the bullet and getting a subscription. I'm not unhappy with my copy of Lightroom so see no need to upgrade (only a new camera or PC will actually force me to upgrade).

Why not just download the trial of Capture One? I did that with Lightroom originally and knew straight away that it was for me.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Matt . is off-line
05 August 2016 01:48
MLP
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nr Nottingham

A false economy - best value software out there, worth every penny!

---------------------------------------------- Images are not taken they are created

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
05 August 2016 08:16
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

You can still buy LR 6 perpetual license.

Matt . is off-line
05 August 2016 09:53
MLP
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nr Nottingham

If I am not mistaken there is now a difference between the monthly paid CC LR and the 'LR 6 perpetual license'
---------------------------------------------- Images are not taken they are created

05 August 2016 10:10
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from MLP
If I am not mistaken there is now a difference between the monthly paid CC LR and the 'LR 6 perpetual license'

They're very different from what I've seen.  One of the neatest features is the ability to send a proxy-catalogue of sorts using low res images to your iPad and work on them with it on the move, and it will synchronise any changes back to your desktop version once you connect to the internet again.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Matt . is off-line
05 August 2016 10:28
MLP
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nr Nottingham

So I was not mistaken!

05 August 2016 11:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think with Lightroom CC you can also set up an iPad to be a second screen for a desktop PC, or even use it as an additional control pad of sorts (with buttons/sliders on it).

40 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob Craigchesham Littlemiss01 mandymack maxigee Missgiggles123
DexyMini distortedecho Dphphotography Einstein eosfan James7799 JohnWindsor JSP keltica Leewheatley LGI Look_Sharp love Lssm2 mike0048 modelboutique musicman muz nickdandalos oceanova peteb Picturemike Rockyent rod_m99 rscott360 Simbobs spiritofwales stephend720 steveh32 superstorm Thechriss thelook Thunder_Photos Willjamieson