The Body-MoP

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
29 August 2016 04:16
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

This is a revamp of a forum topic but to seek comments on a program from the series.
I'm mainly wondering IF other photographers/models were as shocked as me to see one of the photographers manhandling a naked female?...Both attempting to reposition her body by pushing her backside and touching her belly for a reason I'm not sure of...
He also photographed another model to show some of her stomach and cold large feet....
I noticed the guest judge commented that his image focussed too heavily on her 'tits' and she obviously didn't like that shot but the older judge said he loved the image yet suggested three images from different photographers were taken by the same person...puzzling....

diipii is off-line
01 September 2016 04:43
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Touching models is symptomatic of issues and motives other than getting the best image.

Bill Brandt shot ears and fingers. The quest for originality takes many forms.

Models have their personal opinions about images and that's where they remain.

Opinions about images are always subjective. The audience completes the work from their own unique perspective.
"Judging" is an activity best left to flower shows. Photographers should not seek validity from competitions.

It only happens all the time.

Havoc is off-line
02 September 2016 18:28
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

The people who white knight activities in forums, such as drinking on shoots, required / permitted touching and so on are usually those who cannot be trusted to do these things without alterior motive.

Remember, those who complain the loudest are nearly always trying to cover up for their activities.

Havoc is off-line
02 September 2016 18:29
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

... also don't leave the damn facts out for your own topic. I saw that episode and she gave him utter and explicit permission to touch her, loudly and clearly.

RKD Photographic is off-line
03 September 2016 12:43
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Havocphotography
... also don't leave the damn facts out for your own topic. I saw that episode and she gave him utter and explicit permission to touch her, loudly and clearly.

Quite. It might have looked odd, but he asked for and was given permission before touching her. 
Sometimes the model just can't envisage the pose, especially when there are language difficulties as there were in this case... 
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
azurphotos ellessephotography freddie Ian123 isnakebite jb3329 jharrison004 KrissB Rscott360 Steveh32