Reminder Secure

Wanted flash meter

19 September 2016 00:47
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Just thought i would see if anyone has a flash meter they wanted to sell?
It's all in the detail

Graham Russell is off-line
19 September 2016 18:04
grahamr
Photographer
grahamr
Surrey
Lightwater

I have one of these Gossen flash meters to sell http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-gossen-digisky-exposure-meter/p1524493
I bought it from the Flash Centre last year. Hardly been used so in "as new" condition. Perfect for triggering Elinchrom lights too. I have 2 other flash meters so this is available.

Cheers
Graham

20 September 2016 13:20
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Thanks for the reply,but looking for something cheaper
It's all in the detail

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 September 2016 01:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you want something cheap, why not just buy a brand new Sekonic 308? (arguably the base-standard of flash meters)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

21 September 2016 10:26
wiltshiretog
Photographer

I don't call £130 cheap though
It's all in the detail

22 September 2016 01:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you feel £130 for a fairly advanced, very well made, and somewhat essential piece of studio oriented technology isn't for you then perhaps photography may not be the hobby that's best suited to you considering the comparative cost of everything else photography related.

To go any cheaper, I can only recommend a Lastolite Xpobalance (~35) and use it with histograms (I use them by getting the 'spike' of the white as far to the right of the histogram without actually clipping it), though it'll be far from accurate, or consistent.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

22 September 2016 02:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Bear in mind as well that £130 is only the cost of a model working to high levels for 2-3 hours. Again, not much in the scheme of things and Sekonic meters last for years (my dad's one from the mid 1960s still works fine)

Dave Beasley is off-line
22 September 2016 03:30
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Better not offer my Sekonic L-758DR then.

But seriously, completely agree with Redchecker - a decent exposure meter/flashmeter is invaluable and as he says, a small price to pay in comparison. You may also want to consider a second hand Minolta Autometer 6 if you can find one, although I have no idea on price (even though I have one myself, along with a never opened or used Minolta Autometer VF)

22 September 2016 12:13
wiltshiretog
Photographer

I was looking more along the lines of used,i have seen sekonic 308 got for £60-70 ish
It's all in the detail

Peter Whitney is off-line
27 September 2016 04:51
creakypete
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Kettering

Hi
I have a Calumet DFM3 in excellent condition with soft case. Owned from new. V good condition.
Make an offer. I won't promise the manual but if you are interested I will turn the house upside down to try to find it.
Pete

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin
albaphotos coolc700 jamstephto MauricesImagery mikehemmings MrNeil Njsphotography noellynoel philippahh PhilStorm RenedeHaan stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos Tonypleavin Wildman69 woody
Lensmaster