Reminder Secure

well this place has died a death

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Toxic is off-line
28 September 2016 19:00
Toxicimaging
Photographer

Nottinghamshire

I am still a lurker... Been on PP for a while but totally disillusioned with the place, make comments that admin don't like and you lose the right to comment, but "nice arse" and so on is fine..

Plus FPI's... If your are in the "clique" then you are on the front page regularly... nuff said

Vietnam Friday for a month to chill and do some proper photography..

30 September 2016 14:09
wiltshiretog
Photographer

I got banned from PP because i spoke out about things,and i have to say it has been the best thing that could have happened,the fpi thing is a proper joke we can all name the togs/models who get them regular,and they are all good friends with each other (odd that).
I have been very critical of Purestorm in the past,but as i have also been building a site recently (not model related) i can see just how long it takes.While i still think a restyle won't bring in the new folk on mass,i am still looking forward to seeing it.
It's all in the detail

willysmb is off-line
30 September 2016 16:58
willysmb
Photographer

London
london

PP FPI and Purestorm main image page ...Chalk and Cheese...Ummmm better still Beluga caviar,( oh and i can talk ..I'm a OK photographer)

Im looking at casting calls on PS some of which are several days old and thats on PAGE ONE if i see that Pink Blow up chair and model im going to go at it ( the Chair) with a big sharp knife ..Im sorry to say that Purestorm has lost the plot.
PS Mods need to sort things out, when i do a search for a model in my area 90% plus who appear in my search have not updated/uploaded or even had a photo shoot since they registered .

AGS is off-line
02 October 2016 08:22
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Never hurts to throw out a CC, but from the general comments, they get so little responses these days, people don't see the appeal in them much. I haven't cc'd here for ages, and scout elsewhere for talent. Fingers crossed matt can get this place back on it's feet, but I suspect it's going to take a bit more than a new look and a software update. The few people left that mosey around here looking lost are just waiting for someone to blow the whistle at the end of break-time to know which direction to go in. God, I love a good metaphor... hehe

Things feel a bit dead and unrealistic right now. Lots of people need to rethink their stance too to help get things moving again. Lots of photographers willing to play the TF game, not necessarily a reflection on their skill either. Its not so much people working together these days to make great images on a hobby basis, and more of a business marketplace where X is on sale if you can afford it and justify the spend by being able to sell the resulting images. People just sat around watching for the occasional gem of a deal to appear within their travel range.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
02 October 2016 13:18
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from AndyGStudios

Fingers crossed matt can get this place back on it's feet...

I'm certainly going to give it a try mate! I'm pleased with the way the update is going
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
02 October 2016 18:42
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from matt
I'm certainly going to give it a try mate! I'm pleased with the way the update is going

cheeky

Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
03 October 2016 06:02
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

That sounds very promising
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

John Bamford is off-linePlatinum Member
07 October 2016 18:48
bamfordphotography
Photographer
bamfordphotography
South Yorkshire
doncaster

Quote from Two_stops

I'm not much of a keyboard warrior but I will always be here.
sites been good to me over the years so will always have my support.

It's a small world but i wouldn't wanna paint it.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
08 October 2016 14:24
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I don't know where everybody else is but the model I'd arranged a shoot with all but the time/date, disappeared from the site last week without so much as a by your leave. They come and they go....

09 October 2016 02:57
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Quote from Kiboko
I don't know where everybody else is but the model I'd arranged a shoot with all but the time/date, disappeared from the site last week without so much as a by your leave. They come and they go....

My theory (and this is just my theory) they see not much is happening,or they don't get much response to their profiles,and they leave.It's how i feel with my port.It is so quiet here,i ran a model search yesterday and only the top 6 models had signed in THIS YEAR!!
It's all in the detail

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissInk78 pinklilly
bogan browny7 Edphoto Fluffypup George99 Hazy photostevo redtail sammylhel