Your Best Props?

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
02 November 2016 06:29
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

My best props for photo shoots have been, weighttraining weights & a bottle of Jack Daniels.

What props have you used alongside your model in order to help create a stunning image?

And I do mean physical props, but you can include smoke and gels. frown
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

www.jonathantennantphotography.co.uk is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2016 07:20
jonathantennant
Photographer

Surrey
chertsey

Chairs ..... funny have had a studio for 10 years but moved to a bigger one and now I seem to be collecting chairs

02 November 2016 15:02
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from jonathantennant
Chairs ..... funny have had a studio for 10 years but moved to a bigger one and now I seem to be collecting chairs

You can do a lot with chairs if you have the right type: contemporary or old-fashioned style. frown
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Rupert Rudd is off-line
03 November 2016 03:32
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

A bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

04 November 2016 07:34
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from RupertRudd
A bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil.

Great stuff for that wet look in photo shoots. cheeky

Paul Jones is off-line
04 November 2016 14:06
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

I often buy materials and throws from fabric shops, eg the leopard-print throw used here...

Sunglasses and sunbed...

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org

08 November 2016 13:57
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Paul_Jones
I often buy materials and throws from fabric shops, eg the leopard-print throw used here...

Sunglasses and sunbed...

Best regards
Paul

Good idea Paul cheeky

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
12 November 2016 16:43
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from Ladiesman
Great stuff for that wet look in photo shoots. 

Better for models and their skin if you use something like Almond oil or even vegetable oil, (yes the stuff you cook with) Baby oil is mineral based, Basically derived from the stuff you put in a car/lorry/bike engine, Not really best for health. Plus the fact almond oils soak into skin more easily unlike "baby" oils that tend to just sit there.

Paul Riddell is off-line
14 November 2016 10:31
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

I don't think you can limit yourself to a few props. I literally use hundreds and I use a lot of things once. They are acquired for a single shoot and then discarded.

Or of course the stylist brings them along.

Paul
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 gemstones jenbailey7 miss_victoire nataliaforrest rob452 Softgentle Theenglishrose
ad360photo creativedge david1500 duncanjames Einstein hylander Iconoclast JohnDentonPhoto nonoizephotography peteb pixelking RCBB rossiter roundtheworld rscott360 RUPERT siclews sniffer spiritofwales Thomsk woody