Anyone recommend a good film processing lab

Doug Ross is off-line
15 December 2016 07:40
DougRossPhotographic
Photographer
DougRossPhotographic
Central
Falkirk

I'e taken a side step pack and started to use an old - refurbished film Nikon F3 in the studio. The first couple of rolls - were popped into the local supermarket mini lab for processing . This proved that the camera was fine/ working etc.

I'm now looking for a professional lab for future processing / scanning and I wondered if anyone could offer some suitable suggestions. (Apart from use my digital camera.)

In advance, many thanks.

Doug R
Smile.......'Today is the first day of the rest of your life!'

Dave Beasley is off-line
15 December 2016 08:11
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

None of them are particularly cheap, but some good names are OneVision, Bayeaux Processing, Metro Imaging.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
15 December 2016 22:28
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

People used to tell me that Peak Imaging was the place to go for quality at a fair price. Probably lower cost than the three named so far. I have not used them as have not used any film since 2008. But maybe worth trying with a film?
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Anthonygh is off-lineSilver Member
16 December 2016 08:59
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

If you are talking about B+W film.....do it yourself. It might cost £100 to get setup (if that), but then you will have negligible developing costs. It is dead easy to do.

As for scanning....it is time consuming but it is fairly easy to use a digital camera with macro (I use a Canon G10) to photograph the neg and use the resulting files....gives high quality results. I normally use my scanner but tried the G10 arrangement a couple of years back just to see if it worked.

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
16 December 2016 10:05
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi,
Like the above poster I would say Peak Imaging, I only use digital but one of my friends still shoots 6 X 6 and 6 x 4.5 and for price/value he reckons they are excellent
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Chris   is off-line
18 December 2016 15:04
apogeeimages
Photographer

Hertfordshire

I would agree with Peak Imaging. I use them all the time for negative and positive processing upto 5x4 and they are very good.

Doug Ross is off-line
23 December 2016 09:38
DougRossPhotographic
Photographer
DougRossPhotographic
Central
Falkirk

Thanks everybody for the help; much appreciated.

Have a great Christmas and New year

Doug R
Smile.......'Today is the first day of the rest of your life!'

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_red alishaa chosin Kazab3 paige_hendrix
AaronKent Andy_B antoinewynn bdj2454 Blue_Hummingbird borninsheffield dby47 digitalphotos dorrian Glam2K guitarman jdunvillephotography kimsandman2 Kjoservices mlp orca_photography peteb philippahh PhilStorm RUPERT skymouse southernsnapper squirty standrewsman stevegosh steveh32 Stuh teo
chosin