Tall Dark and Handsome Photographers

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
10 January 2017 08:30
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Is it essential that as a photographer or you have to be good looking (tall dark and handsome) to attract the best models? cool

Do you think the best looking photographers attract the best looking models? 

How much does photography skill matter in the grand scheme of things? 

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 January 2017 09:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's easier to be a short-arse photographer because then you don't have to bend you knees so much for full-length shots
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
10 January 2017 09:49
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Ladiesman
Is it essential that as a photographer you have to be good looking (tall dark and handsome) to attract the best models?

Don't think so. I'm a fugly fat dwarf but I've shot a few of the best models to have graced this site over the last decade.

Quote from Ladiesman

In recent years, not a lot, as today it appears to be the thickness of the wallet and the speed it can be emptied that attracts a good many who describe themselve as models.
Bob smiley: Thud - keystrokes: :thud

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
10 January 2017 11:33
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from RedChecker
It's easier to be a short-arse photographer because then you don't have to bend you knees so much for full-length shots

Yes there is that. cheeky

For the slightly taller model I always find that a little step ladder helps. surprise
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

10 January 2017 13:57
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Ladiesman
Is it essential that as a photographer or you have to be good looking (tall dark and handsome) to attract the best models? 

Do you think the best looking photographers attract the best looking models? 

I'm guessing you're bored, that's the only reason I can think of for you asking such a ridiculous question. Of course a photographer's looks don't matter; as long as you behave in a professional and respectful manner, that should be all that matters. None of the models I've worked with here or elsewhere have had a clue what I look like prior to meeting me, and I imagine the same is true for a lot of other photographers.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
10 January 2017 14:30
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Thats a bit like asking if good looking photographers have switched to mirrorless cameras so the models can see more of them behind the camera, whilst the not so good looking ones still carry a great big DSLR to hide behind... :-)
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
10 January 2017 14:44
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Two_stops
whilst the not so good looking ones still carry a great big DSLR to hide behind... :-)

Damn, busted.

10 January 2017 15:12
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Two_stops
Thats a bit like asking if good looking photographers have switched to mirrorless cameras so the models can see more of them behind the camera, whilst the not so good looking ones still carry a great big DSLR to hide behind... :-)

I use medium format, so I must be one ugly motherf**ker

raw and the cooked is off-line
10 January 2017 16:23
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I'm ugly, but extremely charming, so the models all find me iresistable! Of course, I have trouble with the ones I have to turn down!

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2017 12:28
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from PaulManuell
I use medium format, so I must be one ugly motherf**ker

Having worked with you, Paul, many times I would say you are tall, dark and most handsome...broken heart (You can give me the fiver later!)

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 just_lez Kjoservices KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
Bawdenj
harbourstudio