Havoc is off-line
11 January 2017 19:05
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from PaulManuell
Of course a photographer's looks don't matter; as long as you behave in a professional and respectful manner,

Uh huh. If you heard the amount of models I've heard say "so glad you don't look like all the other old fat photographers" cos, you know, I dont.

Paul Manuell is off-lineSilver Member
12 January 2017 01:38
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Cornwall

Quote from SuzyMonty
Having worked with you, Paul, many times I would say you are tall, dark and most handsome... (You can give me the fiver later!)

Haha, thanks Suzy, the cheque's in the post

Roger Vaughan is off-line
12 January 2017 11:24
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Of course looks matter. When I was a (half) handsome young man I had no problems getting young ladies to model for me. Now the response is more likely to be "BigEarsPix is a naughty person off you fat dirty old pervert".
Roger Vaughan

12 January 2017 12:54
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Cornwall

Quote from BigEarsPix
Of course looks matter. When I was a (half) handsome young man I had no problems getting young ladies to model for me. Now the response is more likely to be "PaulManuell is a naughty person off you fat dirty old pervert".

I'd have thought only having 4 profile photos after 10 years' membership would be a tad off putting too.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
12 January 2017 13:35
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
I'd have thought only having 4 profile photos after 10 years' membership would be a tad off putting too.

Really? I'd have thought that 40 positive recommendations going back eight years, including from a few of the best models to have graced this site over the last decade, would more than compensate for only having a handful portfolio images on display (unless, of course, one was actively seeking payment from models for professional photography packages).
Bob

14 January 2017 03:00
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Cornwall

Quote from Bob
Really? I'd have thought that 40 positive recommendations going back eight years, including from a few of the best models to have graced this site over the last decade, would more than compensate for only having a handful portfolio images on display (unless, of course, one was actively seeking payment from models for professional photography packages).

Bob

Good point, well put

Ray Haslam is off-line
15 January 2017 06:27
rayhaslam
Photographer

Greater Manchester
salford

its all about the money...you can get any model if you pay them enough

HowardJ is off-line
15 January 2017 06:58
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I've never found looking like Brad Pitt to be an issue on shoots..... mainly because I look nothing like him.

Nicola Paparazzo is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2017 09:47
NicolaY
Model
This member has been reset to pending
NicolaY
West Yorkshire
Leeds

the only thing that matters to me is how good they are at taking pictures

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
28 January 2017 18:19
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

I'm not sure why the photographer's looks should matter to a model, but I have noticed that on the occasions I've seen models talking about photographers who contacted them that they didn't want to work with, they would slag off the looks of the tog as well as their work in a 'they're creepy' way if said togs were 'old' (basically over 50) and/or fat. E.G., 'I had a look at the guy's pics, they're crap so I'm not gonna work with him, and he's a fat old man anyway lol' type talk.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Pritch46 Saphirerox viennaplumplove
Davidhepworth Femtography Ian123 Jan77 JRFox martinchristie mikehemmings Photo_phil Redbaron redtail Steveh32 zbojan