Reminder Secure

Tall Dark and Handsome Photographers

28 January 2017 19:31
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Purple_Girl
I'm not sure why the photographer's looks should matter to a model, but I have noticed that on the occasions I've seen models talking about photographers who contacted them that they didn't want to work with, they would slag off the looks of the tog as well as their work in a 'they're creepy' way if said togs were 'old' (basically over 50) and/or fat. E.G., 'I had a look at the guy's pics, they're crap so I'm not gonna work with him, and he's a fat old man anyway lol' type talk.

But how would those models know how old the photographers are and what they look like if they've not worked with them? I've never once been asked my age or to provide a photo of myself when booking shoots here or elsewhere.

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
28 January 2017 23:11
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

Quote from PaulManuell
But how would those models know how old the photographers are and what they look like if they've not worked with them? I've never once been asked my age or to provide a photo of myself when booking shoots here or elsewhere.

It's Facebook where I've seen such remarks made, and people tend to have at least one or two pics of themselves on there, even if it's not their personal page.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
29 January 2017 00:26
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Quote from Havocphotography
Uh huh. If you heard the amount of models I've heard say "so glad you don't look like all the other old fat photographers" cos, you know, I dont.

I was hoping the models did not notice how old and fat I am!!! Cos, you know, I am.
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

29 January 2017 06:06
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Purple_Girl
It's Facebook where I've seen such remarks made, and people tend to have at least one or two pics of themselves on there, even if it's not their personal page.

Ah, I see. I'm not on there or any other social media sites so that never occurred to me.

raw and the cooked is off-line
29 January 2017 06:18
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I would respectfully suggest, from the viewpoint of most young models. 95 per cent of photographers on these sites are "old and fat!"

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
29 January 2017 06:29
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Rawandthecooked
I would respectfully suggest, from the viewpoint of most young models. 95 per cent of photographers on these sites are "old and fat!"

Well I'm in that 5% and simply fat
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
04 February 2017 13:02
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from PaulManuell
Ah, I see. I'm not on there or any other social media sites so that never occurred to me.

You are the lucky one. Best not to be on any of them so you cannot see what they are saying about you! frown

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
04 February 2017 13:03
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

I'm short fat and ugly, although I do have a knack of making models laugh.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

04 February 2017 19:40
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Ladiesman
You are the lucky one. Best not to be on any of them so you cannot see what they are saying about you! 

Sage advice

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 February 2017 09:33
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Rawandthecooked

Well I accidentally (honestly!) picked up a pair of my wife's size 12  jeans the other day - and apart from the length they were fine - so I guess I'm in the 5%! 
(I'm ignoring the "old"  )
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

43 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Arizonasky Blondie1984 emilymarshall paige_hendrix Rubyrose30 SophieLouise1991 SVakarian Tropicalrose
abouncer andygstudios darimages david1500 Dwp eroticart fragiled gerry99111 i2glamour Kjoservices Ladiesman LeicesterStargazer michael_cameraman modelboutique natkins patrick pcmphotography Penchophoto peteb pierre plaingoodphotos RealityImaging Rscott360 siwalters stevie_De stueyuk stuh swalsh58 tonyk1 TonyNutley totalpics Wiltshiretog yellow_peril
dannydylan
matt