Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from A11ynne
All you need is the money in your pocket

Sometimes I don't think even that's enough. laugh
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2017 07:14
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Purple_Girl
I'm not sure why the photographer's looks should matter to a model, but I have noticed that on the occasions I've seen models talking about photographers who contacted them that they didn't want to work with, they would slag off the looks of the tog as well as their work in a 'they're creepy' way if said togs were 'old' (basically over 50) and/or fat. E.G., 'I had a look at the guy's pics, they're crap so I'm not gonna work with him, and he's a fat old man anyway lol' type talk.

I think this is more like the truth of the matter.

Where did Paul disappear to?
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

AGS is off-line
22 March 2017 14:02
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Quote from Ladiesman

I think this is more like the truth of the matter.

Yeah i've heard this type of talk first hand at my old studio a few times. One photographer's dying wish was to work with this one model who was attending for a booked shoot - she came out of the session, had a quick chat with him, and when he left, that was the response... the guy passed on 2 weeks later, Colin, lovely bloke too, RIP . Such a shame. Mainly a landscape chap but wanted to have a crack at doing a model shoot.

With judgemental types, you will always waste your time unless you look like Remmington Steele and drive a fancy car. Best avoided imho, not worth the stress or mental scarring.

Read the models feed on FB or Twitter if they have one, or forum posts, if they appear to be constantly whining, complaining, or criticising - might pay to think twice before you book.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2017 23:46
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from rayhaslam
its all about the money...you can get any model if you pay them enough

All about the "bulge" in the back pocket!

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
29 May 2017 15:29
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from paulford
All about the "bulge" in the back pocket!

Sometimes not even that is enough 

AGS is off-line
29 May 2017 16:57
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Things might change, maybe go back to how they were if photographers stop giving in to demands of silly sums and silly terms for the promise of skin flashes and hidden levels et al. Models without photographers are just... random people with makeup on, never forget that. And for 'models' persuing that dream magazine shoot, thats a million more miles further away without us than with us. Even if it's just to have some pics to sell on a private cam channel they hope you'll never find out about; taking the pi$$ all over your copyrights knowing full well you won't care enough to do anything about it. It's almost guaranteed they will make more money out of your time, skills, and pictures than you ever will, plus being paid of course.

There's that saying about the inch and the mile; and my god that mile gets longer each year. The bitch of it is... you photographers... actually own the tape measure.

Today a 'modern model' can charge for no skills, no posing ability, no ability to emote, no wardrobe, no experience, negative feedback, and a port full of selfies. And guess what, models didn't do this... photographers did.

Good luck...

Dave J is off-lineGold Member
15 July 2017 03:28
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls
Wiltshire
Corsham

Quote from Two_stops
Thats a bit like asking if good looking photographers have switched to mirrorless cameras so the models can see more of them behind the camera, whilst the not so good looking ones still carry a great big DSLR to hide behind... :-)

i must need 3 or 4 DSLR's plus backdrops full studio lights etc and that's just to hide the bald patches

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
paige_hendrix
ad360photo AegeanSoft Aquarian bergstrom BOBREEVES brendan Cheshunt83 coolcamel FPMedia frankpht george grahamsphotography jayfish Millzy82 ohkan Robinsky skinz TheChrisS