Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
02 February 2017 11:09
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Trevormatthews
I Cant advise on a specific laptop but i can say i do a LOT of lightroom editing with bits and bobs running in the background and have no problems at all with a 4gb ram so i dont think you will need 32gb ram etc.

Lightroom by its very nature won't use much memory, the same can be said for video editing as it's it's effectively stream-processing.  Photoshop on the other hand will happily use all the memory you've got, especially when using multiple layers and for a decent period of time.
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
06 February 2017 08:27
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Thanks for the feed back and help guy much appreciated

Brian

CSD Images is off-line
11 March 2017 20:00
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Get hold of an old Dell e6430 or e6440, not the best screens in the world but they are fairly robust with their magnesium chassis. You can usually pick up a decent spec'd one for around £200-400 on eBay or places that sell refurbished Dell kit. The added advantage is since it's enterprise hardware it's easy to upgrade and swap parts.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Imagefield is off-line
13 March 2017 11:00
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Personally picked up a 5i with a 17inch screen that was around the £300 mark then wen to Crucial purchased a replacement SSD and memory the increase in speed was so good I did the same to my old laptop and now wish I had up graded that first and save the cash!

Also would say the bigger the screen the better if its indoors I often take a 27 screen and mini mac so everyone can see.

Matthew G is off-line
16 March 2017 10:07
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Has anyone said get a macbook yet? :-)

Imagefield is off-line
16 March 2017 10:19
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Quote from MG
Has anyone said get a macbook yet? :-)

Did the same up grade to and old mac book pro made it a half decent bit of kit :-)

49 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alexa_red Chezibabe99 ChloeT donnaaustin Emily_Winters emmac89 Exoticangel JoannaJoy Kazab3 Livespirit meli86 michelledefeo1 mizbounci paige_hendrix Saphirerox sarahlou73
ad360photo analog antoinewynn Blue_Hummingbird chrisgaleyphoto dg_images DJ200 djb1 ElegantCaptures gordon GSC4X Hazy jonnywoo just_lez kazstudio Kiboko Kjoservices KrissB Ladiesman magpie1 markeos50d marki NigelAdams Njsphotography orca_photography philippahh photon Platidonio spiritofwales stevegosh Steveharratt TerryBrereton wydower