FlashBangWallop is off-line
08 February 2017 06:38
FlashBangWallop
Photographer
FlashBangWallop
Lancashire
Blackpool

nope not there either
but....I do have a studio partner sorted now so that's given me some breathing space for another year.
so...thanks @paulcase for the suggestion. It has helped enormously

Matthew G is off-line
19 February 2017 19:07
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from FlashBangWallop
ah thanks Paul I don't hire it out though and Im not really a chatty person
hate to be so anti-social after you've made a kind offer...its just how I am though....
thanks for your kindness

actually I have had a studio share partner before and, yes, your post did make me think of advertising for another one.
seems like the right time to do it again.
thanks again

I mean this in the nicest possible way but thatbwas a tereible response... identical response to what i would have thought but that might be your problem..... i had a studio a few years back and got to a stage that i would dread people coming to it.... I'd have to stand there and chat to them about equipment or tbe weather. I'd have to yave so much patience if i hired my studio because all snappers wanted was to come an hour eary, drink tea and char about lenses or models that they worked with being bitches for not opening their legs on demand!!! :-) The conclusion that I cane ro.... Get Out!!

What was the lesson I learned? You have to like people, you have to like networking and you have to have a desire for the product..... I never had any of those so I just got out of my studio and gave thw keys back at the end ofvthe lease.... Maybe thats your answer too.....

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2017 04:38
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from MG
I mean this in the nicest possible way but thatbwas a tereible response... identical response to what i would have thought but that might be your problem..... i had a studio a few years back and got to a stage that i would dread people coming to it.... I'd have to stand there and chat to them about equipment or tbe weather. I'd have to yave so much patience if i hired my studio because all snappers wanted was to come an hour eary, drink tea and char about lenses or models that they worked with being bitches for not opening their legs on demand!!! :-) The conclusion that I cane ro.... Get Out!! What was the lesson I learned? You have to like people, you have to like networking and you have to have a desire for the product..... I never had any of those so I just got out of my studio and gave thw keys back at the end ofvthe lease.... Maybe thats your answer too.....

Interesting point. If you shoot people then really you have to enjoy being with people. You can be shy, nervous, struggle initially with personal relationships but if you just dont like or want to be round people then photographing them is simply not for you. Better to join a site like say Photigy https://www.photigy.com/premium-photography-courses/

That way you can enjoy your photography and the studio without having to interact directly with others day in day out
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Matthew G is off-line
20 February 2017 07:00
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Apologies for the typos in the previous post. I was typing on a mobile not being able to see what I was typing. Personally I'm not particularly a people person. I am very good with strangers for a short amount of time but not for long periods so I think it is more about deciding what you like and then focussing your business on that part. People either warm to me very quickly or they form an opinion that they don't like me so don't want to do business with me. My humour is what I am loved for but also disliked for. My humour is a part of me and I've learnt to use it to get me more work.

So on another note, when I had a studio I found it difficult because you get the wow factor at first.... 'I have a studio' and then you feel successful because models want to work with you for free. But then you start to think why free if I am good, they should pay me or better still someone else pay me to shoot with them. Thats an old arguement though. You just end up chasing your own tail though. I knew it wasn't for me so I got out. I didn't feel any sense of failure, i didn't close down my photography business, It made me persue other sides and I went on to take photography workshops with 20 people at a time. I made sure i had a very chatty assistant that was great at small talk and it left me to concentrate on my skill and sharing my knowledge. That made me more of a people person by far....

I didn't write this as a success story but just to give others including the original poster some kind of hope that you can get your mojo back, you just have to do what you enjoy.... There is no such thing as a successful or an unsuccessful person, we are all 'work in progress'

Good luck :-)

FlashBangWallop is off-line
20 February 2017 08:35
FlashBangWallop
Photographer
FlashBangWallop
Lancashire
Blackpool

Thanks MG and I **DO** realise you meant it in a nice way (as stated)....but I ain't going to be changing how I am. I quite like it....not having to be chatty because I dont want to be. I find honesty is always the best policy so I dont agree it was a terrible response.
The studio was never a for profit venture...and I do get paid shoots that pays for its upkeep.
I have other hobbies/ventures now which are far more lucrative and use my creative talent equally but don't quite give me the buzz of a good shoot. That's really the ONLY part I miss. So there is some mojo lurking down there somewhere.
Anyhow - I appreciate you mean well...
@redbaron - Im not shy, nervous etc...I'm just not chatty...I prefer myself that way If I feel the need to better myself photographically I'll take another gander at that site, thanks.

43 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Arizonasky Blondie1984 emilymarshall paige_hendrix Rubyrose30 SophieLouise1991 SVakarian Tropicalrose
abouncer andygstudios darimages david1500 Dwp eroticart fragiled gerry99111 i2glamour Kjoservices Ladiesman LeicesterStargazer michael_cameraman modelboutique natkins patrick pcmphotography Penchophoto peteb pierre plaingoodphotos RealityImaging Rscott360 siwalters stevie_De stueyuk stuh swalsh58 tonyk1 TonyNutley totalpics Wiltshiretog yellow_peril
dannydylan
matt