Philip Sutcliffe (AKA Fiona Cooper) Gets 4 Years

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
21 February 2017 09:37
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Philip Sutcliffe who owned and ran the adult production company Fiona Cooper and who was notorious within the industry was today sentenced at Sheffield Crown Court to 4 years for sexual assault on a female under 16.

I believe the assault was unconnected to this industry.

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=265268

Maybe someone can make the link clickable.

Moderator Input
Court Reports can be read here or here.

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2017 12:25
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The default quick Reply option does not allow hyperlinks. You need to click on the other option  - Post Reply (before typing or you lose everything!) to get the extra goodies. Another niggle that needs sorting when the new site does arrive
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

HowardJ is off-line
21 February 2017 14:40
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

From what I'd heard from others he'd previously been convicted of a similar offence and served time for it. You'd have thought he'd have got a longer sentence this time round. The joys of the British legal system.

Roger Vaughan is off-line
22 February 2017 14:51
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

The 2 links above to the newspaper reports are useless.
Roger Vaughan

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
22 February 2017 15:10
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Quote from IainT
Philip Sutcliffe who owned and ran the adult production company Fiona Cooper and who was notorious within the industry was today sentenced at Sheffield Crown Court to 4 years for sexual assault on a female under 16.

I believe the assault was unconnected to this industry.

Maybe someone can make the link clickable.

Moderator Input
Court Reports can be read here or here.

Thing is as the sentence is 4 years or less he will be eligable for 50% parole if he behaves, also the income from Fiona Cooper will be sizeable and that will grow in his bank account.

Not quite a win win for him but he has got of lightly
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Purestorm is off-line
23 February 2017 11:06
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Quote from BigEarsPix
The 2 links above to the newspaper reports are useless.

The two linked Court Reports are very useful as they confirm IainT's post as being factual.

HowardJ is off-line
23 February 2017 14:42
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

4 years isn't much of a sentence and it's laughable that he admitted he'd done wrong given his previous offences. However it's difficult to know how you should treat such an individual. Life imprisonment? A 10 year sentence would be more of a deterrent.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2017 15:22
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from HowardJ
4 years isn't much of a sentence and it's laughable that he admitted he'd done wrong given his previous offences. However it's difficult to know how you should treat such an individual. Life imprisonment? A 10 year sentence would be more of a deterrent.

I've been following this case for almost 2 years now.

Whats particularly disappointing is that is that the original sentence was 5 years, but the judge gave a 1 year discount for pleading guilty despite the fact that he has changed his plea more than once and dragged this out as much as he could since his original appearance back in 2015, thus causing his victim and her family even more distress.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

HowardJ is off-line
23 February 2017 19:59
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from IainT

I've been following this case for almost 2 years now.

Whats particularly disappointing is that is that the original sentence was 5 years, but the judge gave a 1 year discount for pleading guilty despite the fact that he has changed his plea more than once and dragged this out as much as he could since his original appearance back in 2015, thus causing his victim and her family even more distress.

Even 5 years is too little especially as he may get time off for good behaviour. I'm not really sure how behaving nicely in prison makes you less of a threat so they let you out early. It should be a full 10 years, so it's a big chunk of someone's life they'll be spending behind bars. I guess even that won't deter some people though. Maybe we should reintroduce the death penalty and be done with them?

Roger Vaughan is off-line
26 February 2017 21:50
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Quote from Purestorm
The two linked Court Reports are very useful as they confirm IainT's post as being factual.

What I mean is the 2 links take me to a load of adverts and no court reports.
Okay I have found you have to take part in a quiz before you can see the article. Typical local newspaper web site.

Moderator Comment
The two weblinks above should take the viewer straight to the Court Reports
However if the viewer has not taken the precaution of installing an Adblocker they may see adverts.
Roger Vaughan

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Just_janine md2017
alsos john_at_tina_spice MarkS77 martinchristie oro RenedeHaan spiritofwales Steveh32