ato is off-line
01 March 2017 13:33
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

found this
https://www.instagram.com/saraunderwood/?hl=en
massive outdoor images.

Would you believe that I know equivalent outdoor locations here in Scotland matching the most of her outdoor images?

I mean the backgrounds. Ok, the Colosseum is not here, no palm trees and no Utah hills. But the most others are. Interestingly, I believe some are made actually here, looks so much the same like the ones I have.

Just asking, because on none of my images is a model. Just imagine the time you have to spend to get to this locations, that happens not in a few hours on one day. If the model is not committed ... now way. And paying for such images? No way, not happening.

So, if a model wants such images with Scottish background ...

Or a photographer has a model but not the locations ...

(Remember, I can tell you, water in the winter makes your toes numb in minutes, so numb that you can hit a rock and do not feel it. Only the next day you will feel it for sure ... )

David Hunt is off-line
02 March 2017 10:38
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Post a casting call...

ato is off-line
08 March 2017 16:51
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

you mean it?

imagine one model says yes and turns up ..

Then I have to borrow my wifes car ( mine loses half a liter water per day), and then WORK ???

My car got a broken thermostat housing. Buying spare parts with the other car I hear metallic noise, front left spring broken. So for the start no shoot

ato is off-line
18 March 2017 05:14
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

Quote from atumeda
you mean it?

imagine one model says yes and turns up ..

Then I have to borrow my wifes car ( mine loses half a liter water per day), and then WORK ???

My car got a broken thermostat housing. Buying spare parts with the other car I hear metallic noise, front left spring broken. So for the start no shoot

The thermostat is fixed, so I am on the road again.
The spring is waiting for better weather ... assumed I go not photographing then

ato is off-line
10 June 2017 03:18
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

Quote from atumeda

The thermostat is fixed, so I am on the road again.
The spring is waiting for better weather ... assumed I go not photographing then

since it is so quiet here:
The other is also fixed. Supposed to take 20 minutes (only 5 screws plus tensioning the coil), but it took me 5 hours because of rubbish designed and rusted bolts, which had to be cut off using a hack saw... And that on a German car. My Korean one is easier to work on, and is double of age old ...
So, models, we can drive again ...
Ah forgot, its so quiet here, nobody there to drive with ...
Well, I tried

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
04 September 2017 16:58
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

knowingly driving a vehicle with a broken spring will probably get you 7 billion years imprisonment in the uk.

glad you got it fixed

ato is off-line
14 November 2017 17:13
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

A broken spring is mostly not dangerous at all, that is very (and I mean VERY) common on modern cars. I had only one broken spring on a not modern car, this coil spring broke right in the middle and that was really dangerous, the sharp edge remaining was very closed to the tyre ...
But the modern cars usually loose only the top or bottom ring, that mostly does not even fall off from the car. If you dont hear cling cling you wont notice it, until next MOT, so about a year is possible for many.
The most danger is if only a part of a ring breaks, because that falls down on the street, bounces under the car and could become a bullet hitting someone.
But complaining to the driver is useless, since not even the mot opens the mouth about the number of cracking springs: Unlike timing belts there is no premature change required buy the car industry. So everyone drives till they crack, and that can happen with cars which are not really old.

I am more afraid that Volkswagen has not learned a thing since the disaster with Audi 50 these days, where the McPherson link to the steering rod was rusting away.
I see the same bad rust on a 7 y old Fox. On the an Daewoo Tacuma, 13 years old, is nothing to see, all fine.

Breaking parts in the steering are not funny, not to me.

Drive safe.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Czechbeauty Katreena Sifx tim
ad360photo Belemboo Dandelion darimages davejarvis dby47 djb1 garryh4s jayfish JohnDentonPhoto kizer MauricesImagery rscott360 supaglam Willjamieson
tim