redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
04 April 2017 10:20
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from anthonyh
I think Purpleport has 'critical mass' now....like a gravitational black hole, it is large enough to suck in any new models. To be blunt, the last few I have worked with (from there) hadn't even heard of this site. But if it is any consolation...they didn't know of any other sites either (other than FB). But it is good that there are some on here that find it works for them.

I'm sure the same was thought about this site when NM started to flounder too. Remember Friends reunitied? Myspace? The inernet is a brutal place for social interaction style sites. Things can very quickly tilt the other way if peoples tastes change or their perception of the site turns negative. My own guess it Matt will get one good crack at this. If a new site comes online that attact positive reviews  and has the free account pitched right then curiosity and word of mouth will bring a lot of people back. Which I would love to see. Not out of any malice to other sites, I just think competition keeps things healthy.

A 'Meh' new site that simply tidies up the graphics though or making the free accounts too limited initially will probably spell the end alas. PP ran quite generous free accounts for some time in order to reach critical mass lets remember and I suspect failing to match that promptly was the start of things turning downhill. No pressure on Matt then
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Redimages is off-line
04 April 2017 11:53
paule
Photographer
paule
North Yorkshire

Iv'e just redesigned my site from scratch.. made it responsive & loads of admin in the background.. took forever & it's a very simple site: no data base, no logins, no forums.. just text & photos I'd hate to think how long a more complicated site redesign would take..

As for busy.. I agree PP is in a good place at the moment ( though I just deleted my account ).. though even there quality of user experience varies.. Interested to see the upgrades & with any luck it will breathe new life back into the place..

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alibama alishaa CrystalBlue cuddlygurl donnaaustin Krystald Mattharris1985 Teela
AlletunYL alt azurphotos BeautyWithinTheI1 Christianscott Davetse Dukke eosfan flashharry funky Gordee hylander Ian123 James7799 johntisbury Kjoservices martinbell mike0048 NigelAdams Paul_Jones philippahh rscott360 sammylhel Steveh32 thelook Vltavakrtek
barlowstudios