Reminder Secure

Photoshop CS3 with Bridge

This thread is being watched by 1 person
diipii is off-line
02 April 2017 05:19
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

When I have Photoshop and Bridge on screen and click on Bridge, or anywhere else, Photoshop vanishes and I have to click on its ikon to bring it back. How can this be stopped so that Photoshop and Bridge are on screen together ?
It only happens all the time.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
02 April 2017 08:52
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm struggling to work out what you are describing. Obviously if bridge and photoshop are both open to the full screen size then you will only see one or the other. Also if one of them is opened up fully and you click on that then again the other program will get hidden behind it
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

diipii is off-line
02 April 2017 13:31
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Photoshop opens around the edge of Bridge unless there is an image open. I find it such a faff to have to keep clicking on the Photoshop ikon to get it back when there is no need for it to close at all.

03 April 2017 10:55
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm still not entirley clear but I would think a visit to the preferences on PS could be a good start. It may be something got ticked/unticked that changes how it displays. There is a way of setting things back to default too. Ho;d down ALT+Control+Shift when opening PS you should get a message about deleting the current preference settings. The new settings will then be created next time it starts

diipii is off-line
05 April 2017 06:28
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Thanks. Tried that but no success. It did reset all the preferences though. On my Mac you hold Apple/Alt/Shift. I have been through PS prefs looking for "always on top" or something similar but nothing.

05 April 2017 10:21
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Not familiar with using Mac. Seems thre is something called an application frame that may or may not help with the bahaviour.

"Adobe has provided an option as an accommodation to recent PC-to-Mac converts called the Application Frame, which you'll find towards the bottom of the Windows menu in Photoshop."

You could look at that to see if it gives the effect yoyu need.

diipii is off-line
06 April 2017 05:15
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Cant find "application frame" . It must be a Windows only thing. I think this annoying effect must be intentional and non-optional which is a very Mac thing.

06 April 2017 07:32
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

My undersanding was the 'application frame option was only on the MAC to pander to Window converts who are not used to the way the Mac version works. It is not on my windows version I checked. Of course it is possible this has been removed. I was only going by Google. It is supposed to be under the 'Window' dropdown list not preferences or other options

diipii is off-line
07 April 2017 13:10
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

I looked for "Application frame" but no sign anywhere in CS3 or Mac OS Sierra.. I think this is the way PS is supposed to work but it would be good to have an option. Thanks for your efforts.

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin julia1984 Mazikeen_Faith Ndcent007 Saphirerox SuzyMonty Sxcemma123
ad360photo anthonyh ChrisD clivemedia donaldmac ellessephotography eosfan Essexjohn frankpht FreelanceBadger grahamh Imernie jackw jayfish jeannemarie JohnDentonPhoto jyp keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman lester2705 plymjack pompeytog redgauntlet rscott360 sniffer Snooper911 StuartCollinsPhoto tucker217 two_stops
chosin