Reminder Secure

advice to US model

Moorlane is off-line
02 July 2017 14:10
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I have been contacted by a 22 year old model who is just starting out. She lives in Orlando, Florida. She has done a shoot with a stateside amateur photographer to give her some images. If she was UK based I would be advising her on suitable websites to add profiles on and also potential agencies for her to send some images to. Given that she is US based can I ask for advice on what she needs to do after she has built up her portfolio? Any advice would be appreciated . Thanks

Bob is onlinePlatinum Member
02 July 2017 14:47
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

You, or she, need to seek advice from well-established Florida photographers and models as that particular State has regulations that are very different from the big East Coast and West Coast States. There used to be (i.e. about 10 years ago) a handful of well-respected Florida-based photographers on Net-Model, but I can't remember many of them popping up on here or other UK-centric sites.

Although ModelMayhem, just like here and the other UK sites, is on the decline compared with a few years ago it still has a decent crop of active Florida photographers. Indeed a quick search has shown 275 have already logged in today on MM, and it is still only early afternoon on their side of the Pond.

Bob

Moorlane is off-line
03 July 2017 10:42
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Thanks Bob that's really helpful- thanks for taking the time. I am assuming that when she starts doing more regular TF shoots she will be able to access some good advice from local togs based near to where she lives.

Moorlane is off-line
08 July 2017 11:11
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

So things have moved on. The US model found a photographer locally and undertook a photoshoot 2 weeks ago .She has just got 9 images from the tog and showed them to me. She says she likes them ( but probably doesn't know any better given that she is a newbie) .The shots were taken in the evening without the use of any flash so they are dull and lifeless and mainly spoiled by some lights in the background which impact negatively on the images and detract from the model.
I am unsure how to proceed really in terms of any advice that I give...any suggestions please? Thanks

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
09 July 2017 01:56
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

If she joins any of the popular websites, as a free member, she can find photographers local to her and at least see the standard of images they are producing. (One on PS). May be able to view profiles anyway.

If the images she received are not of an acceptable standard point out where the photographer could have improved them.

Moorlane is off-line
09 July 2017 16:53
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

thanks Oscar- sound advice

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluesapphire SophieLouise1991
bob Cheshunt83 digitizer Distortedecho ellessephotography FlashHarry100 GlasgowPhotographer hantsphotographer James7799 johnathons Kjoservices lenspoynter LeonardCohen mattharper mg MIB mlp numb philippahh redbaron robski steveh32 thelook Willjamieson