Amazon Lithium Ion Batteries

Len Maynard is off-line
18 July 2017 06:44
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

I recently ordered 2 Lithium Ion batteries (worth £70) from Amazon. On arrival 1 battery was not new as the seal was not intact and the other would not fit the manufacturers recharging unit.

On contacting Amazon they agreed to refund my money and that is where the problems started I have so far contacted the following courier companies Royal Mail (parcel force) UPS DHL TNT and DPD. All have Lithium Ion batteries on Prohibited lists alternatively TNT would accept my Batteries if I had a Dangerous Goods License.

I appreciate the dangerous nature of Lithium Ion batteries but how crass is it when the supplier knows the problems and can ship but will not assist in the return.

Any one any suggestions - sensible please for those comedians that have a sense of humour
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
18 July 2017 07:20
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think you are getting the runaround from preople who do not know their own company regulations.This is DHL for example. Nothing to say you cannot send. Just that they need to be correctly labelled.
http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/shipping/shipping_advice/lithium_batteries.htmla

For the Royal mail its similar. There are restrictions but not a prohibition

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk-what-can-i-send
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 July 2017 13:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm guessing this is from a third party supplier that's based overseas?

(it would explain the courier firms' reluctance to transport them)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Len Maynard is off-line
19 July 2017 16:14
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Hi Redbaron, if you check the latest brochure from the POST OFFICE and DHL you will see that they are listed as dangerous goods and will NOT be accepted for UK or Intl.

Hi Red Checker the 3rd party company is UK based as whilst being helpful will not accept the return as I the batteries have to go back to Amazon to get a refund.

"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
20 July 2017 06:14
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

According to Amazon you should get a returns label made out to a specific carrier so this should not be an issue. I know that is how I have sent things back in the past
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200269740

I would pass teh problem back to them
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Matthew G is off-line
03 September 2017 16:04
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

For future reference as this post is old now, collect plus (Yodel) carry them. I had to ship one from northern Ireland recently and rang them up and asked if they did. They gave me specific permission and confirmed they carry them fine as long as they are well packaged...

Len Maynard is off-line
29 September 2017 16:00
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Thank you or everyone's help

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kayleigh94 Klara mandymack
Auctioneer ElegantCaptures George99 john_at_tina_spice lfc9_uk lukaszmarcinkowski magpie1 MauricesImagery MIB michaelangelo mlp Photojames43 powerbook92 redbaron Refinedexposure Rtnphotography stevegosh Steveh32 supaglam walton
kerandastudio2