Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from RedChecker
Loss of competition is never good.

Agreed.

I think this is sad news for the industry.

-----
"It’s now official: Bowens is dead. The well-known 94-year-old lighting equipment brand has officially confirmed that it has discontinued operations, and one of the main factors in its demise was the rise of cheaper gear by Chinese manufacturers."

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/20/bowens-yes-dead-chinese-brands-killed-us/

www.PaulJones.org

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
20 July 2017 14:41
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HowardJ
I've had so many fuses and modelling bulbs go on Bowens, but only ever had one fuse go on my Elinchroms and that was because a fly flew into it.

Had to replace one fues, I think since buying them back around 2010. The odd modelling bulb of course but not many considering how they get hammered at times or left on overnight by mistake. A couple of tubes in that timebut again they are in use week in week out so must have long ago passed the official life. Don't get me wrong Elinchrom are a great bit of kit and I may have gone for them initially. I went to the show this year fully intending to buy their portable units but in the end while not cheap th ebowens units seemed better on power, convenience, weight functionality and just about everything else with the staff on the elinchrom side not really up to speed when pressed on technnical details.

Appreciate everyone has their own experience of gear but as has been said by others there is nothing good about lack of competition. Hopefully someone will buy up the rights for their gear but we will have to wait and see I guess. At the moment there is no official confirmation on this. Just hints from well informed sources.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

HowardJ is off-line
20 July 2017 18:21
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Yep, I have some Elinchrom quadras. They are a nice bit of kit, but expensive and then some.

Dave Beasley is off-line
21 July 2017 09:27
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I'm selling my Elinchrom Quadra Ranger outfit - two action heads, two batteries, carrying case, leads etc. Also have ringflash, square soft boxes, octobox, reflector plus honeycomb grids, Lastolite strip softbox about 100x30cm

HowardJ is off-line
21 July 2017 10:31
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from eosfan
I'm selling my Elinchrom Quadra Ranger outfit - two action heads, two batteries, carrying case, leads etc. Also have ringflash, square soft boxes, octobox, reflector plus honeycomb grids, Lastolite strip softbox about 100x30cm

Is it lithium ion or lead acid battery powered?

Dave Beasley is off-line
21 July 2017 12:27
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Hi Howard,
Lithium ion - two battery packs , one control unit.

Dave

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Debbieann Jessicaliu1993 pinklilly Speirs19
Andy_B bninja Don_Dark flashharry grahamsphotography image_ination john_at_tina_spice kimsandman2 MIB oro Pellium RUPERT spphoto stevegosh steveh32 wacTony Weeman5 zzdigital