Reminder Secure

Please look at my portfolio and give me some feedback ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Pinky1 is off-line
01 August 2017 14:57
boopster40
Model

Devon
Torbay

Would you please take the time to look at my portfolio and give me some honest opinions ? Constructive criticism is also welcome as long as it's not rude or offensive. Thankyou

Matthew G is off-line
01 August 2017 20:07
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Feedback for you... Nice body. Feedback for your images... They don't jump out and shout at you to look at me... Probably need to work on your poses more and expand your portfolio when you have shot with other photograohers... Not really anything else i can offer as constructive....

Ronnie Persson is off-line
02 August 2017 12:48
born2b
Photographer

Sweden
Ludvika

Hello!

The poses in the pictures, I have not much to say about ...
but the feeling, expression and facial expressions you need to practice.
When you are no longer afraid to look "ugly" in the pictures, and dare to let go,
then the fantastic pictures will start to come.

Do not wait for photographers to contact you, contact photographers you want to work
with and start getting photos that you want.
I often devote a little extra force to the shoots when it is the model that contacted
me and wants to work with me.
But remember to strive as much as you photograph the photographer's idea, like when he photograph your idea (TFP).

And yes, you have a nice body too!

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
04 August 2017 08:05
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from boopster40
Would you please take the time to look at my portfolio and give me some honest opinions ?

My initial opinion is that your image selection is a bit repetitive, which is unsurprising as you only have three shoots under your belt and there is not much creative variety shown by the photographer/s you've worked with. It is almost as if the bowler, which appears in 7 out of 10 images, is the star of the show.

I suggest working with a number of local / regional photographers who shoot in the alternative / tattoo genres to both increase the breadth of your portfolio and gain inspiration for / practise at different poses and styles.

On this site, and similar ones, it won't be particularly easy to find the right photographers to work with as you do not fit the usual internet model stereotype or work in the most popular genres, but if you dig around you should find a few.

Bob

Mountainview is off-line
07 August 2017 16:00
mountainview
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Eastwood

I would agree with the previous posts, but with even more focus on your expressions. In most of your shots you have your lips tight together, so it's not showing the expressions that I'm sure you could achieve.
Try to do a series of expressions for your next few shoots, and you'll soon get used to delivering them on demand :-) for example, the B&W Portrait shot with your head back and the rose, could be re done with all the standard expressions e.g. Happy, sad, excited, scared etc etc.
A lot of your shots are "looking away" which is valid in a lot of cases, but you then have to express the emotion of the image using your pose alone. You have good eyes, so don't be afraid to use them! They are the first thing that most people look at when they first see an image.
I think the B&W Portrait shot with your head back and the rose, is the best one so far, and hopefully there will be lots more to come, good luck, and keep going!

Pinky1 is off-line
07 August 2017 16:28
boopster40
Model

Devon
Torbay

Thankyou all for your comments. I have taken on board all that you have said.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Andy_B DonMacKay George99 martinchristie pixelking redtail sammylhel stufreeman