Reminder Secure

video lights needed

Moorlane is off-line
14 September 2017 07:22
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I am looking to buy some video lights- nothing special needed really and wondered if anyone has any for sale or can suggest somewhere to purchase from? Many thanks

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
14 September 2017 08:18
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

TO be honest LED ones are as cheap as chips on ebay and Amazon if you are not looking for anything too special. I think I paid about £30 each for my ones a while back. The only thing to watch is that if you need several buy them all at the same time and the same make.

One thing that did crop up with other photographers is that the cheep ones can vary quite a bit in terms of colour temperature, which is pretty bloody useless. I came accross this even with my Bowens flash units. The Battery ones I bought just before the redbaron is a naughty person s went bust are very different from the old Gemini units I have so I cannot mix them unless of course for deliberate effect

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

w4pictures is off-line
15 September 2017 17:46
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

I have a couple of German Unomat lamps which I don't use any more. They are rated at 300 watts but I found that they were too bright and ran too hot and were better at lower wattages, especially with the sensitivity of modern cameras.
Very well made, they are mains powered, focussable and come with dichroics, barn doors, several spare bulbs, handles, stand all in a fairly slim lightweight flight case.
If you're interested, message me and they are yours for £20 plus the cost of delivery.

Moorlane is off-line
16 September 2017 16:01
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

PM sent

Matthew G is off-line
18 September 2017 11:41
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I have some portable Londa video lights. I bought a several of these HALOGEN lights quite a while ago. they are very similar to PAG lights. I use them quite a lot. They have hotshoe fittings. You can swap the Halogen bulbs for LED's and batteries last forever but they are nowhere near as bright and donlt give anywhere near as nice light as the Halogen ones.

If you need any more details then let me know. If you don;t need portability then the ones that W has look good and cheap as chips...

Moorlane is off-line
20 September 2017 07:19
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Thanks you everyone. I am in the process of purchasing some lights now- thank you for taking the trouble to respond to my post everyone

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray bonni_cuffs chosin Craigchesham Czechbeauty fizzy Kayleigh94 LaLuna Littlemiss01 lynnesel perfectohandyman
bluesden claypaws davejarvis frankpht gwentman Kjoservices Puremoods roundtheworld severndigital skymouse stevegosh ttstinger vapourtrail wacTony Willjamieson woody