models.

Paul Reeves is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2017 10:15
paulreeves
Photographer
paulreeves
Middlesex
london

I have been on Purestorm for quite a while now.
I'v found really good models and even made some friends.
That aside it makes me wonder why models don't approach togs for work directly on the site.
I"m fully aware of the castings list but there seems to be the same faces appearing there with singular regularity.
Surely it makes sense for a model to do some research on the togs that apeal and would enhance a portfolio.
Of course it may be just me,perhaps my styles don't appeal.
Ha Ho.

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2017 10:27
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

I'm guessing they don't want to upset some photographers that get their knickers in a twist if a model "cold calls" them.

Maybe add a note in your profile that you are ok with it.

Paul J is off-line
06 December 2017 09:34
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
North Yorkshire
Selby / York

If i get a piece of junk mail thru my door (even if i read it) i don’t feel the need to contact the company & politely explain that i don’t want their product. i’m definitely not gonna spend money just because i’ve received a communication. The few out-of-the-blue messages i received from models looking for paid work got treated in the same way.

That may sound a little obnoxious, but years ago when i had my studio room (and purestorm was in its prime) i was frequently on the site & knew about most of the local models who were active on purestorm, so if paid work was on offer it was up to me to choose the model.

Obviously castings are different, but even then if a model uses a casting to make contact & tries to change the shoot details specified to suit herself (and that happened a lot more than ‘cold call’ msgs) she instantly killed her chances of getting the booking.
..... and your legs are too short, I want a fit bird from the Sunday Sport

AGS is off-line
06 December 2017 21:26
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I'd welcome conversation from anyone wanting to create, rather than earn; but it's very much the models market these days, and it's less create, and more earn. It leads to some iffy pics, but hey it's their image after all, and they get to pay some bills, it is what it is; so...Up to us to go to them, and they know it is all. Personally, I don't seek or chase, im way passed that game... here if they want, and if they don't, well, i'm not the one missing out is the way I see it

Great if something happens, and if not, well, i'm usually busy with other stuff anyway so no skin off my nose. And if they want to charge, cool, I can do that too... one cancels the other out, or don't I have a skill to trade? I certainly don't shell out my hard-earned for some blbp. We all gotta earn, i get that, but recognition of photographer skills tends to be minimal these days... long as you got dollah, you're good to go.

... and life goes on lol.

YMMV

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
12 December 2017 12:50
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Everything so fast changing in the modelling industry; models don't just want paying for the images, they also want travelling expenses and all of the images that you've just paid for.

They get pay and your images to help promote them on various social media platforms etc. If you're very lucky you may get a mention.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
12 December 2017 14:47
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Ladiesman
Everything so fast changing in the modelling industry; models don't just want paying for the images, they also want travelling expenses and all of the images that you've just paid for. They get pay and your images to help promote them on various social media platforms etc. If you're very lucky you may get a mention.

What they want and what I choose to give are two very different things.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Copperbronze is off-line
13 December 2017 18:25
Copperbronze
Photographer

Surrey
New Malden

It wouldn't be much of a site without them though

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
14 December 2017 04:03
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Copperbronze
It wouldn't be much of a site without them though

It would be different true but most photographers would still be taking photos (and with much more to spend on gear) I know I would, indeed models for me are more a case of convenience as I could probably bring in clients willing to pay for images for most shoots I do. It's just less stress and hassle shooting a model as I can pick the look I want and risk complete failure as I don't have to worry about ensuring I have the safe images shot first.

Models are more reliant on photographers than the other way round
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
michellehush Robin1982 zavego
Blancho claypaws DarkArtDan duncanjames Enigmafife gordon jonnywoo kaosrox kennykaboom Kentrichuk Ladiesman mikehemmings Moodie mrdl pcmphotography Photog3000 powerbook92 rod_m99 Rscott360 shinywear siclews Snooper911 stevegosh Stoker tonypage viewphotographic Willjamieson
harbourstudio